jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Are your ex's similar? Do you pick the same mate in a different body?

1. Edoka Writes profile image61
    Edoka Writesposted 7 years ago

Are your ex's similar? Do you pick the same mate in a different body?

2. schttrj profile image60
    schttrjposted 7 years ago

Well, an interesting question.

Science proves that we are most likely to go with the same personality again and again.

But me?! Um...I guess I picked bitches in different physical forms time and again.

3. izettl profile image98
    izettlposted 7 years ago

I hear many women say they pick the same guy, essentially, over and over. There's obviously something to that and needs to looked at  and resolved. Some women pick older guys who need to resolve things with their father or understand why they pick a father figure.
    Personally, my ex's are completely different and I think that's because I didn't know what "type" of man I wanted.
    I know relationships can turn out the same over and over again if you haven't worked on whatever it is you need to- if you haven't resolved things from the previous relationship or within yourself. It may seem you pick the same guy when it is just the relationship that turns out the same.

4. profile image0
    Annabelle Fogertyposted 7 years ago

Most people are comfortable with what is familiar even if it is something that hurts them. Maybe a woman keeps getting into abusive relationships or neglectful relationships. Maybe a guy keeps dating women who cheat on him. After a decade of this kind of pattern, you would probably start to think this was your fault and there is just something wrong with you. The fact is that there isn't anything "wrong" with you it's just that you continue to pick the relationships that feel familiar. Even an abusive relationship might feel more comfortable than a loving one if that is what you have been modeled your entire life. Anything else will just feel scary, like the unknown. Nobody likes to venture into the unknown, even if it is good for them. The best thing a person can do is to recognize they have a pattern, not blame themselves and think they have some kind of flaw, but to instead start to really work on their sense of themselves. After a while of doing this, while not getting into another pattern relationship, you will really start to heal. Once the healing has taken place, you will be ready to move on to a better more loving relationship.