jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Relationship Advice

1. profile image48
    djr123posted 7 years ago

Relationship Advice

My 2.5 years boy friend who is 28, I am 32, is saying he is not sure about committing to me. As you can imagine, I am ready to get married. Over all we have a great relationship with some minor conflicts here and there. He is a chronic procrastinator and not sure if i should wait for him or move ?

2. Masata profile image75
    Masataposted 7 years ago

The best thing I can tell you is to follow your heart because your heart will never lie to you in a situation like this. I am 28 and I am ready to settle myself, try and find out why he is not ready there has to be a reason.

3. Becky532 profile image59
    Becky532posted 7 years ago

It seems like you know you will have to wait.  He is a procrastinator and he told you he is not sure about committing (which means he does not want to commit at this time). 
    You have two choices.
    1.  You can wait and see - which means you may get married at some point or may break up at some point or may stay in a state of limbo. 
    2. You can leave and find someone who wants to get married. 
    Basically, you need to ask yourself which is more important to you.  If you WANT to get married, then staying with a guy who doesn't want to marry you will probably be painful and breed unhappiness.  But leaving is difficult too, I understand.  You have to decide which you would rather give up: marriage or him. Good luck with your decision

4. Venessa1 profile image47
    Venessa1posted 7 years ago

Are you sure the conflicts are minor? Is he lazy, a procrastinator usually is. Can you live with his problems and still be very happy? If so, give him a bit longer to get his stuff in order. If by then he does not, he is not the one for you. There are plenty of other men who will want to commit. Don't fall into a trap!

5. lovendar profile image61
    lovendarposted 5 years ago

I think you must talk to him and take his concern about the relationship and marriage. I think he will think before replying you this time. Try to be serious and take the final opinion of him.

working