jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How can you tell that your partner is the right one for you?

1. profile image47
    juliana183posted 7 years ago

How can you tell that your partner is the right one for you?

In some relationships you think that the person you are with is the right one and sometimes they are not but for me i believe in my heart the one I am with is the one my first ex I thought that he was the right one for me but it ended up being wrong now the man I am with makes me happy and laughs.

2. dianne143 profile image36
    dianne143posted 7 years ago

You can only tell that he/she is the right one for you if your heart tells you so. It depend to whom your partner is if you feel the same way and would go to the next level of life then you can tell she/he is the one. It's hard also to predict who ever our partner for now is the one for us as there are lots of obstacle in a relationship. All we need is faith and guidance with God cos he is the one who know who is really for us.

3. profile image0
    David99999posted 7 years ago

I would say that...for a longterm relationship, you can usually tell whether or not your partner is the right one, is after dating them for about six months.  Until then, most people are on best behavior.

If you have very few squabbles (I believe that all couples argue once in a while) - say, no more than one every couple of months - and, you feel totally at ease with them (i.e., you feel you can tell them anything and be yourself....and, nothing about them makes you feel uncomfortable (e.g. their past, or, their eating habits)), then, I would say that you've found the ideal partner for you.

4. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 7 years ago

Only you can answer this question!
    In order for any of us to "know" if our partner is "right" for us we must truly know what we want in a mate.
    You may find it beneficial to write down all of the traits you want in your ideal man and then compare them to what you know to be true about your man.

Another reason why we select the wrong partners long-term aside from not knowing what it is we really want...etc It's because we'e constantly evolving. A young lady in high school may be happy with a cute jock who has a great sense of humor. They don't call it "puppy love" for nothing.

As she gets older she may not feel that's enough.
    Our lists of desires changes a great deal from ages 18-35. That's why the divorce rate is higher for very young married couples.
    Most people also jump too fast and too deep into relationships without truly getting to know someone.
    Awhile back I wrote a hub regarding relationship happiness.
    It may be of some help to you.
    http://hubpages.com/hub/therecipeforrel … phappiness

Best of luck!

5. soconfident profile image84
    soconfidentposted 6 years ago

If there someone you can tell anything to. You don't hold nothing back