jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (14 posts)

Do you think that calling a doll a loved one is a weird idea?

1. ChristineVianello profile image59
    ChristineVianelloposted 7 years ago

Do you think that calling a doll a loved one is a weird idea?

There are people in the world that fall in love with life dolls. Do you think it is odd that someone can fall in love with something that does not breath?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/4750998_f260.jpg

2. Rogochuks profile image73
    Rogochuksposted 7 years ago

Yes; even though we say such things as a matter of metaphor, e.g I fell in love with their onion soup. Realistically however, it cannot be considered an act of sanity to project such an emotion on an object that is incapable of reciprocating.

3. zoey24 profile image76
    zoey24posted 7 years ago

I recently read a story in a magazine about a guy that calls his life sized doll his wife. He often buys her new clothes and said they just sit at home watching TV together etc. I found it slightly odd but he's not harming anyone. Each to their own.

4. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 7 years ago

I sure do. I can't imagine that kind of problem.  I would imagine such people are avoiding real life and real people.

5. nightwork4 profile image59
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

personally i think it is beyond wierd. it's delusional to me and that's my honest answer.

6. DIYweddingplanner profile image89
    DIYweddingplannerposted 7 years ago

I can definitely say that I love certain objects, but my only loved ones are live human beings and animals!

7. LadyWriter profile image76
    LadyWriterposted 7 years ago

It does seem odd that a person could fall in love with an inanimate object rather than another human being; people who say they love dolls and other objects may have deep-seated issues with personal relationships and shouldn't be ridiculed.

It's completely different to seeing a pair of shoes for instance and thinking "I love those shoes" which happens to me all the time!

8. profile image0
    ShoppingGuruposted 7 years ago

I certainly do. "Love" for an object is much different than the love one feels for a fellow human being.

9. Seeker7 profile image95
    Seeker7posted 7 years ago

Hi,

Yes it is odd. But it seems to me like these people either may be very lonely and/or they have other issues such as emotional problems. Although odd, it is also very sad.

10. profile image0
    ellie.wposted 7 years ago

It's similar to the women who buy "life-like" baby dolls and push them around in a stroller in public, as if they were real.  I feel like it's possible, but not healthy.

11. profile image46
    BethMazposted 7 years ago

No, i dont think so. I have a teddybear at hope that ive had from i was wee that i adore. I adore it because your teddy or doll or whatever is the only one who listens to you without sending any negativity back , it isnt selfish or unkind, it doesnt think your stupid or over reacting, it simply is there. And that to me and clearly to you, is enough.

12. RedxVelvet profile image61
    RedxVelvetposted 7 years ago

It is a bit on the odd side to call a simple material possession a "loved one."  It's not like it's going to be with you in the next life.

However, there is nothing wrong with cherishing a certain item if it carries a few memories you don't wish to forget.

13. profile image0
    sinisa_sinaposted 7 years ago

Yes, unfortunately. But people like those, are in most cases ill, or psychic cases. Not born like that. In most cases they were molested as childrens or in early adolescence. Psychiatric study proved this. Many of them are abused by theres family member, so they mistrust and close there selfs emotionally, or attach thereselfs to toys, as in this case doll.

14. kmaskreations profile image71
    kmaskreationsposted 6 years ago

Odd???  It's hard to believe such a question would be asked, but these are the times in which we live.  The Bible says there's nothing new under the sun so such perversion has always existed.  I agree with sinisa_sina.  All I have ever known who do this have been abused and have a warped understanding of human love.  I have also never known it to not include sexual acts which is why I use the word "perversion."  There can be no replacement for the love human beings were meant to have for one another.  God makes it all clear in his Word.

working