jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is having children someday a must?

1. lmoynihan082 profile image60
    lmoynihan082posted 6 years ago

Is having children someday a  must?

Or are you happy to remain childless. I think it doesn't bother me either way.

2. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

When I married, I was 19 and did not want children.  I have never been drawn to, nor did I dream of being a mom.  After we were married for 8 years, something in me changed and it became the most important thing in the world to me.

We were married 11 years when our first child was born and I took to it like a duck to water.  I have never enjoyed anything so much as raising my two daughters.  It was so worth it to me, but not everyone is the same.

3. Nicole Breit profile image77
    Nicole Breitposted 6 years ago

It isn't a must for some, and it is for others. As someone who was childless and now has children, I can honestly say I had never experienced such a rare, intense, unconditional love that I now know from bringing children into my life. But there are many, many people perfectly content without children, and if they don't want them, they are right not to have them. This is a completely personal question, with no one right or wrong answer.

4. profile image54
    M_Cepposted 6 years ago

Not at all, and I would hope that many of the people out there today would not reproduce.