jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

I am not married. Is married life more happy than the free bachelor life?

1. mdlawyer profile image38
    mdlawyerposted 7 years ago

I am not married. Is married life more happy than the free bachelor life?

2. Lady MJ profile image77
    Lady MJposted 7 years ago

I would say it really depends on where you are in life. If you like going out and meeting new people for sexual exploration then being married is not for you just yet. Even if you are currently in a monogamous relationship. There should not be any temptations that you truly consider.

If you like being committed to one person, and are willing to put in some great effort for a relationship to truly work then I think you should consider marriage. I am coming up on my third wedding anniversary and I can't wait until we see our 50th! Personally, I love the stability and getting to be with my best friend every single day. I love being married.

3. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 7 years ago

It's up to you to define what happiness is for you.
    If you are happy being single then enjoy it.

Whether someone is single/free or married/attached there will always be people who would love to swap places!
    It's not your relationship status that determines whether or not you are happy.

4. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 7 years ago

I suppose it depends on what you want.  I love having that one special person who is always in my corner, who will protect, or defend me (as I will him)in all situations.  Being in a good marriage is building something that lasts and strengthens you.

working