jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What we think of married life?

1. maria.rose profile image37
    maria.roseposted 7 years ago

What we think of married life?

married life is better or single?

2. W. K. Hayes profile image92
    W. K. Hayesposted 7 years ago

Perhaps I am biased but to me,marriage is nothing more than a contract...true love needs no paper nor blessing...when two people find true love,they are already blessed and there is nothing that can add to that.

3. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 7 years ago

It depends on the individual.
    Only you can determine if you're happier being free or attached.

Not every single/free person is living a lonely boring life and not every married/attached person is living an incredible romantic life with the mate of their dreams.

There will always be people eager to swap places with the other side!

4. ThunderKeys profile image66
    ThunderKeysposted 7 years ago

On average, longer-married folks stay healthier and live out more years than their divorced or single counter parts. Getting an evidence-based tune-up for your marriage can actually cure moderate to mild depression more effectively then medication and/or therapy, which just targets the depression by itself.

- Duddy.

5. Lisa HW profile image72
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

Right now, single's looking pretty good to me (but that may just be me).   smile  There are people in great relationships with a great person who would disagree with me (and I acknowledge and respect that).  There are also people with low standards as far as what a marriage ought to be goes - and a lot of them would disagree with me too (and I acknowledge, but don't particularly respect, that  LOL).

Personally, I think if a marriage drives someones to drink or require medication, that's a prescription for "single".

6. julie58 profile image59
    julie58posted 7 years ago

I can only answer from my own perspective ....

I've been happily married for over 30 years (to the same man) and wouldn't be without him. I suppose we're lucky when so many people are unhappily married but I believe no-one should stay together if they're unhappy.

At the end of the day, you only have one life here and you shouldn't spend it with someone you no longer love or respect.

working