jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What is the best age to have children?

1. HannahRiley profile image57
    HannahRileyposted 6 years ago

What is the best age to have children?

Is there an age that you have found is IDEAL to start a family in the world we live in today? Would it really make a difference in the struggles a parent faces?

2. thurs profile image53
    thursposted 6 years ago

There is not any age limit but family settlement and maturity are the main key point to have children. 24-25 year is the mature age of marriage and after 2-3 year , i mean at age of 27 you can. That's best age for you as well as your hubby.

3. CWanamaker profile image96
    CWanamakerposted 6 years ago

There is no good or standard age.  I would say that when you truly feel like you can give that child the kind or life it deserves and are ready to devote most of the rest of your life to raising them, then you are old enough.  A lot of it has to do with maturity and mindset of the would be parents.

4. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

I think the age differs with everyone.  I married at 19 but was not mature enough to even want children.  I had my first child at 30 and it worked out really well.  I was far more willing to sacrifice and put them first than I would have at 19.

5. ThePracticalMommy profile image96
    ThePracticalMommyposted 6 years ago

It all depends, but personally, having my first child at 25 and my second at 27 was a blessing. I was married for almost two years before we had children (but together for 9 years at that point) and I was able to work a few years in the career of my dreams full time. I have the energy now to chase a toddler that I might not have had if I waited until my 30s. Now I am a stay-at-home mom, and I know that once the kids go to school I will be young enough to go back to work. My husband and I are also happy to know that we'll be 'young' enough when the kids are older and want to go on longer, farther vacations and outings. smile