jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Shouuld You Tell The Truth, Even If You The Truth Could Hurt?

1. Sabrinna. profile image56
    Sabrinna.posted 6 years ago

Shouuld You Tell The Truth, Even If You The Truth Could Hurt?

2. Ruchira profile image78
    Ruchiraposted 6 years ago

Yes, we should make an effort to tell the truth even if it has its consequences 'cause atleast your mind will not haunt you if you lie. So, in short...to be at peace with one self, say the truth!

3. Cogitationalist profile image66
    Cogitationalistposted 6 years ago

Whether or not the truth should be told is relative to the person being told and the nature of the topic.

As Ruchira said, to be at peace with oneself, say the truth. This essentially should be the case at all times, but if breaking truthful yet hurtful news to a person will cause disturbance in said peace, it may not be best to say it immediately.

Being blunt usually doesn't help, but sugar coating words doesn't change what they mean. If a person you're telling the truth to is easily angered, unwilling to listen or generally stubborn, you can expect a negative reaction almost regardless of the nature of you're truth.

However, many and what I'd like to say most would prefer being told the truth as it enforces trust within those conversing.

I think you should assume the truth will be discovered, and determine if you're the best person to find it out from.

4. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 6 years ago

A relationship without (Honesty) is not a worthwhile relationship.

It's very important for us to consider possible outcomes prior to doing something that could cause pain to another should the truth come out.
    Having said that, Sometimes it's not what you say but how you say it that hurts the most. An apology with (sincere contrition) can help to ease the pain.

5. profile image0
    Emily Sparksposted 6 years ago

Always.  The truth shall set you free.  It may hurt for a bit, but one lie can turn into more which leads to lots of problems.

6. mkrandhawa profile image60
    mkrandhawaposted 6 years ago

Always i tell truth because there should be honesty between in the relationship.
    If we speak truth it means we insulting our relationship and lead to many problems.

working