jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

How open-or closed-is your heart?

1. akuigla profile image60
    akuiglaposted 6 years ago

How open-or closed-is your heart?

For new people, new experiences and so on.....

2. Matt in Jax profile image71
    Matt in Jaxposted 6 years ago

I'm about half and half. I've been hurt enough times that I do close my heart of a bit with protection, but I try to leave it open as much as possible to allow new entrants every now and again.

3. profile image0
    Dandraposted 6 years ago

Due to Holisticity™ my heart is completely open and I am fascinated to experience a range of different things each day!

4. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

I would say closed from childhood stuff--blah blah blah like everyone else.  It has made me stick pretty close to my own family, but doesn't leave a lot of room for new affections.

5. KateWest profile image78
    KateWestposted 6 years ago

That's a tough one. I'm working on it. My roommate says having children opens your heart. That isn't my life path so I'm trying a different route, full of adventure and generosity. Seems like a life goal to me anyway.

6. profile image0
    marellenposted 6 years ago

My heart is temporarily closed for a new relationship, I've been hurt and fooled too many times to trust again. My heart is always open for new friendship though.

7. tsmog profile image82
    tsmogposted 6 years ago

it is a swinging door, but it gets stuck some time

8. zduckman profile image61
    zduckmanposted 6 years ago

Completely open, it was not always so. I have pushed a lot of people away from me due to my fear. I now embrace vulnerability, and am ready to meet my twin flame.

9. yshashikant profile image71
    yshashikantposted 6 years ago

My aorta is clogged by the corrupt minds and the so mean world that has no strangers. Every other person you meet will instantly evaluate your worth and either be friends with you or just move on.
    Well, i guess if i go by the definition of open or close, i m close heart-ed, with a little openness for new experiences which excludes everything except the ocean.

working