Another thread closed to reply??????????

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (57 posts)
  1. IntimatEvolution profile image69
    IntimatEvolutionposted 14 years ago

Come on HubPages, closing threads all the time, is only going to create more animosity towards one another.  The thread was drawing to end on it's own.  So why close is Mauddie?  I don't get that.  Now nobody gets to say their sorry, and work things out to be better hubbers. 

Can you not see that closing to reply too early, is like hubbers abusing the report button.  How do you expect new hubbers to learn what the established barriers are, if you do it for them all the time?  And.....

I give up. 

Hubbers, <link snipped> has a wonderful, free spirited forum.  Come join.

1. profile image0
      Norah Caseyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I closed the thread. There were a great deal of reports issued, so before things spiralled completely out of control, I closed it. I'm not clear on what the purpose of the thread was, other than to complain and bring up a discussion that evidently caused problems.

Please feel free to use other forums that you feel more comfortable with, but please refrain from creating threads for the sole purpose of promoting a link.

1. Misha profile image65
        Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think you did the right thing Norah smile

2. profile image0
        lyricsingrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sorry but the thread was closed and the reports were ignored -to me things are very clear

Thank you for explaining though

Kimberly

1. profile image0

Anytime

3. IntimatEvolution profile image69
        IntimatEvolutionposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Is that what you think I did?

Well you are wrong.  It is just that <link snipped>, doesn't close threads, just because a staff member thinks it should.  Got it?  Good.  I didn't post the link for personal gain.  If I would have, don't you think I would have included my profile name?  Yeah- I would have.  Please...

Whatever.  Can you tell I don't appreciate false accusations?  No matter who you might be.  You know, many of us hubbers here bring business to HubPages.  Without hubbers, there would be no HubPages.  So I'd be careful before accusing them of false wrong doings.

1. Misha profile image65

Just play by the rules, and it'll be ok. What is so hard to grasp about that?

There is NOTHING to grasp about that..............

Read Misha.  You'd see that.

Didn't know rule were broken, better yet, my point still stands.

I think HubPages, has enough staff to stick up for themselves.  Without you intervening, yet again.  There is nothing like a brown noser.

1. Misha profile image65

I like the place, and like the people who run it, by extension.

You obviously don't. Why don't you just move on and hang out on whatever forum you were promoting? Air will be cleaner here. smile

I obvisiouly don't????????

WOW!  Talk about your assumptions....

Misha, you need a reality trip.

Always like everything your wife does?  Think she is picture perfect?

Maybe you need to quit, and move on.........roll

Misha, you are so full of your backside, that sometimes you almost appear to be a..........., oops might get banned.  However, what if it was a compliment????

Whatever.

1. Misha profile image65

Nothing to assume here, your posts speak volumes. smile

Oh, and yes, my wife is picture perfect, and I like all what she does. Don't see anything wrong with it. Sorry for you if your husband thinks differently - if you have one, of course. smile

As for the backside - at least mine is much smaller then yours, judging by your imperfect picture lol

2. TheGlassSpider profile image65
    TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years ago

I agree, it's ridiculous to be closing threads like that...but it's not our business either. *shrug* I might check out your suggestion. I suppose I'd better do it before it gets snipped or something. We're probably not allowed to post about the "competition."

3. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

Here is what you can do just send an e-mail to the person that you would like to apology to. smile  Hubpages closes threads for a reason, I do not know anything about the thread you are discussing but apparently I believe it may have began to get out of hand. Go back to that thread and read everyone's comments I can bet there was something going on for hubpages to close it. Intimate and Glass all will be fine just focus on what you do well and that is honestly writing those wonderful hubs. Have a wonderful day and keep your heads up! smile

1. TheGlassSpider profile image65
      TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

smile Thanks AE...It doesn't really bother me too much one way or the other; Hubpages is what it is, and they're pretty clear about it up front. I'm sure they have their reasons...I just don't understand them all the time. I shouldn't think anyone would really care if some of the Hubbers were arguing with one another (and some of them were). The thing that does sort of bug me is that I think sometimes people ought to be left alone to sort it out themselves--I mean, what harm can the words in a forum do? Perhaps I am naive. But you're right, might as well get on with the good stuff. smile

4. IntimatEvolution profile image69

I hear ya, AE.  But, this thread was no where close, to others I've seen left remaining open.  Not even by a long shot.

1. profile image0
      A Texanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

what thread was it?

The 'Hokey Reported' thread.

2. tobey100 profile image61
        tobey100posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, what thread?  I want to be indignate too!!!

5. IntimatEvolution profile image69

Hey all, I've gotta scoot.  I'll chat with everyone later.  Have a nice day.

6. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago
  7. Alota profile image61
    Alotaposted 14 years ago

I was just starting to enjoy that thread and meet people, is this the way it is here?

1. TheGlassSpider profile image65

Eh...Not usually in my experience. We just happened to be in the midst of a real lively one at the time. The majority of threads remain open as long as people are remotely civil. I have noticed that HP likes to close things down that even remotely question their decisions though. Just an observation.

8. skyfire profile image79
    skyfireposted 14 years ago

Well if that hokey thread is closed then it is well and good. What's point in digging each others grave over there ? Seriously, if anyone opens such thread just to dig something from past then it's worth to close, forget freedom of speech and all. There is no point in doing some drama against each other for the sake of speech.

1. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

1. profile image0

norah, how is this acceptable?  After HP threads about forum rules hate speech especially continually is ignored in this case, may I respectfully ask why?

1. profile image0

That user has been suspended from the forums.

1. profile image0

Thank you Norah,sorry to have to ask so publicly.

Appreciate your honesty

Regards,
            Kimberly

1. profile image0

Not a problem.

Please don't hesitate to report anyone who engages in personal attacks, uses excessive vulgarity directed at yourself or another user, or any other behavior that is excessively offensive. We don't necessarily agree with everything, but we aren't unreasonable.

1. profile image0

True indeed,I see that, you are kind to respond so your new name is cool norah lol

cheers

Kimberly

2. tantrum profile image61
            tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well, thank you !
            After  being called names for a week and compared with a pitbull, that's a relief !

http://www.pitbull-store.com/images/Pitbull-prong-dog-collar-pinch-collar-prong-collar.jpg

GRRR!! Thanks !
            lol

9. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 14 years ago

I was kind of sorry they closed it, but when I reviewed it I saw it to be getting pointless and leading to more pointlessness - so let's just get on with it, and hope something good comes of it.  There is a lot to be learned about anger and controlling it.  All kinds of people find it very hard to admit they have a problem of any kind, but especially anger.  We all like to feel that our anger is justified and necessary.  I see anger as one of the indications that something is wrong, personally, and I just try to do the right thing.  Sometimes, the right thing is to stop talking to each other for awhile, when people are making personal attacks.  Other times it is just good to clear the air, and then trust each other not to be too mean.

10. Hokey profile image60
    Hokeyposted 14 years ago

I thought it was a good discussion. More censorship?

1. skyfire profile image79
      skyfireposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes more censorship. I don't like when people start to dig something from past and start mud-slinging. What's is the point ? What we are going to accomplish with that ?

Burning desire to do time-pass ?

What was the purpose of thread ? Show censorship of HP ? Let me tell you, the way we spam,flirt and make personal remarks if it were any other community mods/admin take few seconds to kick for such behavior. We are getting way too much freedom than others.There is hardly any hubber out here who follows some rules.

1. profile image0
        A Texanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Way too much freedom? Don't want that, huh?

1. skyfire profile image79
          skyfireposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, if you followed some threads last few weeks, people are making too much of personal remarks. And that is not at all acceptable for any community. If it's freedom then i prefer threads getting closed.

I don't know what communities you're a part of...but other forums I've participated in have few, if any, rules other than those about breaking their stuff (i.e., hacking) and severe (and I do mean SEVERE) personal attacks. I had to learn REAL quick when I got here that this wasn't that kind of place.

Censorship is the right of the owners of HubPages...and we agreed to it when we signed on *shrug*

As I've been reminded before: Hubpages is a business, and free speech is NOT part of it. We agreed to limit our speech when we opened our accounts.

3. tantrum profile image61

Hi hockey !
      Take care with the pitbull !
      lol

1. profile image0

Hey girl whats the tribe?
        do we need face paint
        note to self - paint at walmart
        how u doing girlfriend?

1. tantrum profile image61

lol
          lol
          Hi there !
          Take care that I can bite.
          Cosette is saying I'm a pitbull
          lol

1. mega1 profile image80
            mega1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

grrrrr!  woof woof woof!  hey, tantrum! 'sup?

Hi mega !!
              I like my new name. Pitbull.
              It sounds powerful ! lol

1. mega1 profile image80

glad you like it!  I needed a guard dog! big_smile:

I'm not going to be your slave dog. sorry ! mad

lol

1. mega1 profile image80

not even if I throw you a bone?  lol

2. profile image0

I 'll get you a cool leather collar with spikes and a muzzle with pool ball
            hot hot hot

That sounds great!
              guess who I'm biting first ! big_smile
              lol

11. profile image0
    A Texanposted 14 years ago

I followed the links provided and didn't see where Hokey attacked anyone, I am assuming thats why you were warned and not banned. Suck it up and move on!

12. Hokey profile image60
    Hokeyposted 14 years ago

Moving on sounds good to me. I hope everyones day is full of love, light, and laughter! Going cave exploring. Time for some fun. Namaste

1. myownworld profile image71
      myownworldposted 14 years agoin reply to this

smile yes.... wise to.....

1. tobey100 profile image61
        tobey100posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wait a minute.  I wanna know where this 'red button' is so I can kill a thread or two and tick people off.  Sometimes the only way you can get attention is to stop something instead of starting it. tongue

13. profile image0
    wordscribe41posted 14 years ago

These forums are public, so you're not really talking behind anyone's back here.  It's bad form, really.  I think it's time to move on. 

I'm glad the other thread was closed, too.

14. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Hmmm.......? Sounds like we have a screw up in communications.

There is two different topics between you, as of right now, as of my post.

The topics are *accusations* and *personal attacks*.

Now- IE, you need to step off before you get banned. There is no posting of competition links to other forums. You want to talk about them, fine. No posting links.

The other side of the conversation was between Lyrics and Norah, which you have interpreted to be an "accusation", which isn't the case.

They were talking about the "personal attack", then Hokey warning thread. It wasn't directed at you.

Just a thought. smile

Well I did not know that.  So I'll step up Cagsil, if you insist. 

Excuse me.  Didn't know that was in writing.  Furthering the point, that I DID NOT do it for personal gain.  So thank you Cagsil, for proving my point for me.

15. IntimatEvolution profile image69

Furthermore, why is it then acceptable to post links to anyother website at all then???????????

Like Twitter???
    Like Squido?  I see forum topics about Squidoo all the time in this forum.  And now, they want to follow the rules.  Now because it doesn't agree with there view point, they take a stand.

Give it rest already.  That is just being childish.  Whatever.

16. IntimatEvolution profile image69

My posts don't speak crap about hating hubpages.  You are the only hater in the bunch. 

Everybody knows that we all can count on Misha, to spread the wealth of hate mongering- day after day.  Especially if that person isn't pretty, fat, a competitive male hubber, not a hubpage staff member, and on and on and on. 

Wow Misha, what a legacy.

1. Maddie Ruud profile image71
      Maddie Ruudposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This thread has degenerated into bickering and no longer serves a purpose.  Therefore, it is now closed.  If you have any questions about the forum rules or why a specific thread was closed, you are free to email us and ask.

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)