jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Why can mothers be so difficult?

1. sophmarie247 profile image34
    sophmarie247posted 6 years ago

Why can mothers be so difficult?

is there a reason why mothers moan and invade personal space (im not applying his to all mothers)

2. ShyeAnne profile image92
    ShyeAnneposted 6 years ago

I think it's because Mothers love their kids.  I used to wonder the same thing.  I am in my 50's.  My Mom died a few years ago.  When I think about her now, I realise that I was very fortunate to have a Mom that invaded my space and moaned and whined.  It beats the crap out of having a Mom that doesn't give a rip about your life.
    Make it a great day!

3. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

I don't think anyone who has had a child would need to ask that question.

I did not have my first child until I was 30 and I was hit by a love so overwhelming, there are no words to describe.

Your best bet is to sit down and talk openly with your mom.  I know it can be frustrating because the actions seem outrageous, but the intent is good.  Talk to her, tell her you feel smothered and make some compromises.

I lost my mom at age 15 and I can tell you that I would give anything to have her here moaning and invading my space.  I never felt so lost and alone as I did the day she died.

4. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 6 years ago

I believe mothers and parents forget that "Life is a personal journey". They also forget what it was like to be a child and craving independence and freedom.

From their point of view they still remember you being the infant who had to rely on them for everything. Their sole responsibility was to look after you and protect you from the evils of the world.
    Eighteen years come and go in a blink of an eye and suddenly the "calendar" says you are an adult but your parents aren't ready to let you go. They wonder if they taught you everything you needed to know before stepping out in the world alone.

As much as they know on a intellectual level that each of us has to learn from making our own mistakes they still find themselves trying to (protect you from you).
    Mothers never stop wanting the best for their children.
    Most of them start to let go and trust you'll be all right around the time you reach your 40s. (Assuming you're no longer asking them for financial help)ha ha ha

working