jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

How could we say a bye-bye to ego?

1. Ruchira profile image77
    Ruchiraposted 6 years ago

How could we say a bye-bye to ego?

2. BizGenGirl profile image89
    BizGenGirlposted 6 years ago

Ego.... ego.... ego....     It does so much for us, yet often does waaay to much. Poor ego is just trying to help us survive and function, but ego has many outdated or over calculated tactics for survival, that it often hinders us more than it... read more

3. profile image0
    Lisa Mae DeMasiposted 6 years ago

If we all moved to Tibet.  smile  Ego can actually be considered a good thing.  It triggers problem solving amongst a group.

4. Milton Reid profile image54
    Milton Reidposted 6 years ago

Ego as in secondary secular characteristics: By dying or creating an alternative ego through which to live.

Ego as in a sense of justification for being: Separating the self from an arbitrary value system. Acknowledging failure and triumph as being of equal importance. Debasing defense mechanisms in favor of unbiased insight. The ego isn't a bad thing, however, when one fails to hold an unbiased self-interest, the person will embellish what they see as good qualities at the expense of excluding their more unflattering qualities from examination. This delusion of bloated significance is all they come to know and the two egos become entwined, relying on each other for stasis or growth. Simply realizing this relationship allows one to compartmentalize the two egos, offering a more balanced view of themselves.

I'm sorry for being a bit presumptuous but I think this is what your question was referring to.

5. profile image0
    reeltaulkposted 6 years ago

By stop lying to yourself and it will go away.  Egos need to be pacified, lied to and basically smoozed (hope I spelled that right)  Don't be deceived an ego doesn't do anything for you.  I'll say 9 out of 10 times it's not helpful

6. maria.rose profile image37
    maria.roseposted 6 years ago

hmm, well the sign said "rip in half" and to be like my buddy bill.
    besides, it feels a little humbling to say "goodbye ego" all across the internets, this for 1. self admits to having large ego and 2.

7. Tusitala Tom profile image65
    Tusitala Tomposted 6 years ago

We're forever being advised how to at least start in on the process.   All sorts of good advice like 'being always in the moment,' seeking 'silence.' et cetera.  What is not usually pointed out is that we have to be able to bring our mind (or more accurately our attention) undert the control of our will and keep it there at all times  -not easy!

However, it can be done, for others have done it. 

Once we are no longer dictated by own thoughts and accompanying reactions, we're off to a good start.

8. tsmog profile image82
    tsmogposted 6 years ago

you can say goodbye to ego by changing philosophies or religion or psychological perspective. I think others mentioned that already.

9. edhan profile image61
    edhanposted 6 years ago

Swallow you ego by saying it is getting you no where. Be yours and treat others the way you want them to treat you.

10. jacobsterling profile image53
    jacobsterlingposted 6 years ago

find a someone(love one) who can change your life! it works for me when i found God ^_^

11. ginjill ashberry profile image75
    ginjill ashberryposted 6 years ago

It can be achieved by maintaining a conscious mind. Example; To not be self absorbed and focusing only in the moment. Be detached from negative energy. Try not to identify anything, instead see yourself as a part of everything. I am trying too.. Last year, i wrote a story half way about Ego. In it i imagine ego as a monster. I'll get back to it one day.

working