What type and sex of person is most prone to have nesting tendencies?

1. heidimariahelena profile image75
    heidimariahelenaposted 6 years ago

What type and sex of person is most prone to have nesting tendencies?

I know what my view is but am interested in hearing yours.

2. Denise Handlon profile image89
    Denise Handlonposted 6 years ago

Oh, am I the 'first' to answer this?  Wow, this question begs for stereotypical answers doesn't it?  LOL   

Let me focus first on the term, 'nesting'.  In my opinion this is most frequently used when a woman is preparing her home (nest) to receive a baby.  The nursery is prepared...the home is prepared...and the woman is preparing her own body-settling in.

Now, if you are referencing this term in a different connotation, such as being a homebody or being a person who hones in on transferring the 'house' into a 'home' with wonderful aesthetic touches that create an ambience...that is a different type of nesting.

In that situation-either male or female can create the ambience best suited for their individual style.  I've observed homes of (male) dentists, architechs, engineers, and nurses and female police dispatchers, nurses, dentists and engineers.  They are all very individualized, and all are transformations of their personalitites-not necessarily their sex.

smile   How about your ideas?

3. nessafay profile image76
    nessafayposted 6 years ago

I view the word 'nesting' as the phase a mother goes through right before going into labor. She feels an increasing need to get things organized and clean before the baby comes. It's a proven fact that almost all pregnant women go through this, so I'd say they are more prone to it. However, expectant fathers can also go through this phase, though it is less common!