jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)

Do you think there is a difference between 'Having Sex' and 'Making Love'?

1. IN2Deep profile image74
    IN2Deepposted 7 years ago

Do you think there is a difference between 'Having Sex'  and  'Making Love'?

2. wychic profile image91
    wychicposted 7 years ago

Personally, I think the difference is that anyone can have sex, regardless of what they think or feel for the other person. It can easily be simply an act of self-gratification that uses another person -- commonly referred to as orgasm-seeking behavior. Making love is a form of intimacy that expresses your feelings for your partner; it's not about you, it's about making the person you love feel as good as you possibly can, regardless of what they can or will do for you.

3. Smartthinking profile image53
    Smartthinkingposted 7 years ago

Making love is the Primary reason for having sex.Both are closely related.Sex may be for good or Bad but love is only for good reason.

4. Jarn profile image81
    Jarnposted 7 years ago

If you ever wanna have sex, you gotta call it making love. If not, go ahead and call it having sex.

5. Borsia profile image45
    Borsiaposted 7 years ago

Having sex is a mechanical act is doesn't need emotional connection IE; going to a prostitute.
    Making love means expressing your emotions and feelings for the other person. Hopefully striving to give them pleasure and a sense of connection.

6. MickS profile image72
    MickSposted 7 years ago

We all have sex, it's the organs that we have that determine gender.  Making love is when we get to use those organs, with consent, with another.  Then there is making lust, when we use those organs with another under the terms of a contract, one party paying the other for use, this act has nothing to do with lovemaking.

7. soaps profile image61
    soapsposted 7 years ago

Sure, sex is Attraction and making love is Care love and sentiment

8. atlovesbm profile image74
    atlovesbmposted 7 years ago

Definitely! Sex is just sex.. its all physical with no emotional attachment. Making love is more intimate and sensual.

9. Author anders profile image59
    Author andersposted 7 years ago

i agree with soaps
    sex is just to have a quick
    pleasure but making love
    that can you take the time

10. stclairjack profile image83
    stclairjackposted 7 years ago

two totaly different acts.

sex is just that, its recreational, its hopefully fun, hopefully satisfying,... if not, you wont recreate with that person again,..

love making on the other hand has nothing to do with sex though it might include the act among so many others.

11. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 7 years ago

Only the person engaged in the act knows if she/he is having sex or making love. The difference is mental and emotional.

It's also possible when two people are together that one person is "making love" while the other person feels they are having sex. We can never truly know what someone else is feeling or thinking.

If one caught their mate in bed with another I'm certain they would not debate whether it was sex or making love.
    From the outside sex and "making love" are the same thing.

12. Irina Smolinskaya profile image88
    Irina Smolinskayaposted 16 months ago

My partner and I have been together for five years. We love each other and have a great connection. We have great sex and we still call it "sex". I believe people attach too much meaning to simple words (sometimes we even jokingly call it "boning"). Call it whatever you want, as long as what you feel while you are doing it is great