Do French men forgive easily after several misunderstandings?

1. venus-mercury profile image59
    venus-mercuryposted 6 years ago

Do French men forgive easily after several misunderstandings?

I met a French man two years ago, we got along really well, there were so many misunderstandings between the two of us, however I really cared about him and he felt the same way. I miss him. Still waiting to hear from him.

2. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 6 years ago

Misunderstandings? That is a fairly vague statement.
    Whatever the culture, forgiveness will depend on a number of things. (What was done, how much they cared about you, do they believe your contrition is sincere, or if what you did was one of their hard wired “deal breakers”)
    “While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions” – Stephen R. Covey
    Recently I wrote a hub about getting over breakups and in particular the “fade away”. It’s when someone vanishes out of your life as if they were never there.

Sometimes people are quietly looking for (a way out) and your actions give them the “perfect” excuse to end it.

You walk around with your head down blaming yourself and the other person is delighted to be free of you without having to look like the “bad guy”. If he felt the “same way” about you as you did for him, then you would have heard from him. It's not easy to walk away from someone you care deeply about.

“The opposite of love is NOT hate, it’s indifference!”