jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How do you deal with a breakup.

1. jessyferari1 profile image61
    jessyferari1posted 6 years ago

How do you deal with a breakup.

.. This was my first ever serious relationship and it lasted for almost two years, he broke up with me and its been hard for me. I dont know how to deal with it, i've been getting a lot sad lately and I seem to be eating too much. What advice would you give on how to get over a breakup.

2. profile image0
    AMBASSADOR BUTLERposted 6 years ago

My heart goes out to you and this shall also pass away with the pain that you are going through now. Set your mind, eyes, heart on the things you enjoy doing and begin doing them and open yourself up to the gift of life that is yours moment by moment through the grace of GOD. You will be just fine and leave this past of your life behind you and know that better days are before you as you go on in your life moment by moment and step by step. Go in peace and freedom from within yourself and also with love that heals all of your hurts and pain in life and that is what life on the earth is all about which is to just be an human being and enjoy the miracle of life itself with all the pain and disappointments along with all the joy and pleasures that comes into your life like myself in answering your question. Go on and be blessed in your life from now on.

3. rob_allen profile image85
    rob_allenposted 6 years ago

Hi jessy, i feel for you. I know, its two years and two years is no joke. I know how it feels so i guess you can drop by my hub. It is entitled "How to forget a girl is 10 ways". I know you're a girl but i hope you get my point and apply some of it to your current situation.

4. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 6 years ago

I'm sorry to hear that things did not work out for you.
    I seem to recall you were in a "long distance relationship."
    Reality dicates these are bound to have a set of challenges beyond normal relationships. In order for things to progress eventually one person must be willing to move. You also have to deal with having to "make up" after arugments via emails, texts, and phone calls instead of being able to kiss and hold one another. Long distance relationships also make it easy to give into "temptation" when one is feeling bored.

Having said all of this there is only one way to deal with a heartache. You have to accept the relationship is over. Focus on other areas in life which bring you happiness, spend time with family and friends. Eventually you will be ready to date again. (Hopefully someone in your own town). It takes more courage to fall in love a 2nd or 3rd time than it does the first time. If it's of any comfort to you most people have a number of failed relationships before they "get it right". Below is a recent hub I wrote dealing with break ups. I wish you the best!
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Getting-Over-Th … in-General