jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

How do you deal with a broken heart?

1. Lissa2677 profile image51
    Lissa2677posted 6 years ago

How do you deal with a broken heart?

I recently ended a 4 1/2 year relationship and I am having a difficult time moving forward. It could not have hit me at a worse time. I am looking for employment while mending a broken heart. Everyone keeps telling me this is an opportunity to start a clean slate but it feels like I am drowning? Any words of advice?

2. profile image0
    AMBASSADOR BUTLERposted 6 years ago

With a lot of tenderness and forgiveness on your part for your past relationship and yourself. Let the love from within yourself come forth from within you and this love will heal your broken heart and open a brand new pathway for your life to unfold before you as you live moment by moment out of this love which is the love that every single human being is to the core of their being. I feel and know of your hurting at this moment but it will pass away and you will be a stronger person with this love that is you to the core of your being and I say unto you to now release this love from within you with tears of joy and victory because you are love, you are peace, you are free. Now be love now be peace now be free. You are free to live your life in overcoming this set back and know that better things are ahead of you for your life on the earth. LOVE PEACE FREE. Just be it. Lissa2677

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

I haven't had a broken heart in years but I remember the pain of it like it was yesterday.  You have to continue to move through your life, look for that job and keep moving and participating in your life.  Only time will dull the pain and you just have to move through it.  Best wishes.

4. kkolosh profile image69
    kkoloshposted 6 years ago

There is a great book that I bought that really helped me with a bad, bad breakup.  Check out "It's Called a Breakup Because It's Broken."  I promise it will help, it just takes a little time...

5. Mr Nice profile image79
    Mr Niceposted 6 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/5061558_f260.jpg

~ Sometimes I wish I were a little kid again, skinned knees are easier to fix than broken hearts.  ~

~ I don't know why they call it heartbreak.  It feels like every other part of my body is broken too.  ~Missy Altijd

Here are some tips that might help.
    http://kidshealth.org/teen/your_mind/re … heart.html

6. profile image51
    HalfRealposted 6 years ago

Firstly, realize that everyone heals through different ways and at different paces. And you love each person you love in a unique way; every relationship is different...So pinpoint what the strengths and weaknesses of your time together were, and try to begin to accept that what happened, well, happened. You are responsible for your actions, not your partner's - and I believe after a breakup of a serious relationship means serious SELF time. Focus on yourself, always try to be a better person, especially after a breakup...I think most people are vulnerable to making big mistakes and rash decisions when they're heartbroken. Figure out what you really want in life and go for it. Take time to relax as well, enjoy being yourself and getting to know yourself better.

7. cmontijo profile image59
    cmontijoposted 6 years ago

Lissa2677, I know 5 months have passed since you asked this question. But what I can say everything in life happens for a reason, and we all learn from our mistakes and well...you need to keep going and remember that you are never alone because there's many people that have some sort of experience similar to yours.

Hope you are feeling better.
    smile

8. ChinaDoll32BX profile image60
    ChinaDoll32BXposted 6 years ago

Hello I understand what you are going through I have been there, read this hub I think it could really help you, It answers the very question that you are asking. If you click on my profile and look through my hubs, you will find a hub titled, how to overcome a heartbreak? I think it would really you through your current situation.

working