jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Opinions on the mistreatment of homosexuals?

1. grayson3793@yahoo profile image59
    grayson3793@yahooposted 6 years ago

Opinions on the mistreatment of homosexuals?

I hate how homosexuals are shown less respect than others. Just curious to hear what others think...

2. atlovesbm profile image76
    atlovesbmposted 6 years ago

Completely agree. Just wish people would just wake up and realize that we arent going anywhere. We're humans too! Its 2011!!!!

3. frugalfamily profile image75
    frugalfamilyposted 6 years ago

We have come a long way.  I'm just now feeling safe living a completely "out" life.

4. Stump Parrish profile image60
    Stump Parrishposted 6 years ago

atio, it may be 2001 in the real world but most christians never evolved beyond the dark ages. Jews, Native Americans, and blacks have been removed from their gun sights. They simply can't exist with out hating someone. I have to wonder how much of this is an outward expression of the true feelings they have about themselves. Just as the christians in the south felt they had the god given right to own blacks, they feel they have the god given right to continue being as despicable as they possibly can. If their feelings were based on experience or actual knowledge, I might, I repeat might have a vague understanding of them. The fact that damned few of them have ever knowingly met a homosexual is proof that they hate simply for the sheer joy it brings them, and the need they have to feel superior to people they don't deserve to wipe the butts of.

5. KaylaTheArtist profile image57
    KaylaTheArtistposted 6 years ago

Well personally I was completely dumbfounded by the lack of respect my LBGTQ friends in high school received, so I did something about it and started the first Gay Straight Alliance in my school district, which got a lot of heads turned but actually got people to stop using gay as a synonym for stupid.

6. calpol25 profile image72
    calpol25posted 6 years ago

Recently I did an exhibition in England telling the untold story about the homosexual victims of the holocaust and bringing it right through to how we got our rights and our equality in society.. Things have moved on and people are getting better but we still have pockets of intolerance towards us, but there are more of us now who are out and living freely and we now out number those who are bigoted so the future will be a good one..

working