jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How do you tell some one you love that they have just done something to really t

1. tonymead60 profile image93
    tonymead60posted 6 years ago

How do you tell some one you love that they have just done something to really turn you off?

The first time I went to a new girlfriend's place she played Sinatra, oh I hated that...

2. Jerami profile image71
    Jeramiposted 6 years ago

Well,  maybe it turns her on. 
    It that is the case ?  You might learn how to like Frank ?

As long as you still get to like what you like!
    Relationships are built on compromise

Two people compromising correctly is much more fun than saying  "I Did It MY Way"  and being all alone.

3. Daffy Duck profile image61
    Daffy Duckposted 6 years ago

Just tell them in a sincere tone.  Everyone does something to bug someone.  She should, at least, understand.

4. 1kmjs profile image79
    1kmjsposted 6 years ago

You have to jump right away and tell her the exact split second it happens. almost as a reactionary measure. I honestly dont understand how Frank could provide any bad feelings ever..but tell her exactly why it disturbs you. If you feel bad just blame it on a chldhood terror that franks music brings up. "I was outside one day and calling by dog from across the street, fluffy smiled at me as he ran full speed towards my voice. Just then a kelly green volkswagon with a chipped bumper comes out of nowhere and destroys him. My best friend in the whole world was dead in the blink of an eye, and as I stand there shocked and shaking with grief, I hear Sinatra echoing from the back seat of the car that took my dear friend."
    Throw in some tears and you may not just get rid of the music...but it may turn into a night to remember.

P.S. that is the worst advice ever given, strike that from the record. Listen to Jerami.

5. SpiffyD profile image82
    SpiffyDposted 6 years ago

I think the best approach is to ensure that you do not trample on the person's feelings in expressing your own. Perhaps you can acknowledge what bothers you (stating it in "I" terms). In this case, you should say "I was never a fan of SInatra" then if she asks why, give some possible reasons. Of course, there are some things we can turn from hating into tolerating.