jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

What 'counts' as losing your virginity?

1. Anonye profile image62
    Anonyeposted 6 years ago

What 'counts' as losing your
    virginity?

Different people have different
    opinions on this, and some say
    there are different types of
    virginity. But most people
    generally agree that if a man or
    woman has had penetrative sex,
    that is sexual intercourse, then
    they are no longer a virgin. What do you think?

2. lovelife08 profile image60
    lovelife08posted 6 years ago

It depends on how you look at it.  Any sexual act with another person would qualify you as sexually active and no longer a virgin, but to physically lose your virginity would be to engage in intercourse.  Every woman has a hymen, or a "cherry", and once it has been broken, she is no longer a virgin, even if it was not broken by intercourse itself, but by other forms of sexual activity (i.e. fingers, toys, etc.)

3. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 6 years ago

There are two ways to see this.
    Some people strictly go by if a woman's hymen is intact she is considered a virgin (Even if she has had oral, anal, or manual sex with a partner or partners).

Others see any sexual activity between two people as a loss of virginity. Personally I'm torn.
    It would be hard for me to consider someone a virgin who has had oral sex with several partners even if they never had "intercourse" .

The word "virgin" still has the meaning of "purity" beneath it.

1. Say Yes To Life profile image81
      Say Yes To Lifeposted 3 years agoin reply to this

"Personally I'm torn."  You can't be torn, dashingscorpio - you're a man!  LOL!!!

2. dashingscorpio profile image87
      dashingscorpioposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Oh, Say Yes To Life (You've got jokes today!) LOL!

4. IsaBbott profile image59
    IsaBbottposted 6 years ago

In my opinion, I believe losing your virginity comes when you have participated in intercourse. Oral or anal. To me, any act where both partners are completely naked and engaging in intercourse constitutes losing your virginity.

1. dashingscorpio profile image87
      dashingscorpioposted 3 years agoin reply to this

IsaBbott , Lots of people have sex without being "completely naked". Medically speaking a woman whose hymen is in tact is considered a virgin. Everything else she's done with her other body parts don't (medically) change her status.

working