jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Is "whatever it takes" a solution to keeping a family together?

1. albertovich profile image60
    albertovichposted 6 years ago

Is "whatever it takes" a solution to keeping a family together?

I'm not going to the extreme with this , I mean if you have an abusive spouse then GET OUT OF THERE! but the small things that annoy us, like smelly feet or leaving the cap off the toothpaste, it may sound funny but for some it's serious business-How Much Is Enough?

2. nightwork4 profile image59
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

when it gets to the point thast everyday is a struggle to keep the family happy, then it's time to call it quits.

3. Jenny_Leigh profile image75
    Jenny_Leighposted 6 years ago

Families are very important.  If there are constant little annoyances that get to be a daily problem, then I would recommend seeing a relationship counselor before calling it quits.  The counselor will hopefully be able to help make things better.  If time goes by and things still haven't gotten better, then maybe it is time to leave.

4. nycgrl profile image79
    nycgrlposted 6 years ago

I feel like the reason the divorce rate is so high is because people give up to easily. They don't take marriage as seriously as it should be taken. Like ugh you annoy me, I'm leaving. If you tell me that you have tried everything, more communication, going away together, marriage counseling, etc and are still miserable and unhappy after exhausting all possibilities then ok. But I find that most people just easily give up. Marriage is freakin hard! Any relationship is. When you put two people together there are always bound to be issues. But if the love is there then you try and you keep trying. Nothing worth having in this world comes easy, but the sacrifices will be worth it in the end.

5. Zubair Ahmed profile image78
    Zubair Ahmedposted 6 years ago

As you say avoiding the extremes, little things like leaving the toilet seat up after going to the loo, toothpaste cap left on the sink whatever it may be any small trivial matter should not be the driver behind any family break-ups especially if children are involved.

My way of looking at is, if you love someone enough and care for them then issues should be discussed and resolved amicably without pre-conditions (e.g. if you don't clean your plate after eating next 10 days, I'll divorce you)