How do you forgive your spouse if he wasnt there and you needed him

1. mybabymayra profile image57
    mybabymayraposted 6 years ago

How do you forgive your spouse if he wasnt there and you needed him

how do you forgive your spouse if like when you needed them with you so bad and they gave you their back without even knowing it he was cheating he was with friends and wouldnt answer my calls but yet his family and you family was there How would you be able to forgive them

2. profile image48
    jlwatsonposted 6 years ago

This sounds hard, very painful! Try to listen to yourself, to your feelings, write as much as you can, to get your feelings, thoughts clarified, and try to talk with him, if he's open to that. Try to be able to listen and learn, and to be faithful to yourself. It's not easy. There are no easy answers. Sometimes a good guide can be, "how would I help my best friend handle this?" Know that marriage is one of the toughest things out there, give yourself credit for the hard work you're doing. Maybe don't stay if it seems like he's not willing to talk, learn, if he isn't (and isn't going to try to be) good to you.

3. wychic profile image88
    wychicposted 6 years ago

Good question. I know when my ex-husband wasn't there for me when my 3 1/2-year-old nephew died (as in wouldn't even give me a hug when I got the phone call, and said he wouldn't go with me to the memorial because he had to work) it was a huge struggle for me. There was no child closer to me in the world except my own son. In fact, such was the struggle that we divorced eight months later.

I think a good place to start would be to sit down and discuss it with him at a time when it's convenient for both of you, there are no distractions, and try to stay as calm as possible. Let him know how you feel, and what it would have meant to you to have him there. His response may clarify things a lot for you.

working