jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

How would you react to an old flames advances, when she's still in love and your

1. albertovich profile image60
    albertovichposted 6 years ago

How would you react to an old flames advances, when she's still in love and your not?

2. rachelsholiday profile image60
    rachelsholidayposted 6 years ago

I'm pleased to say that at this point in my life I would (nicely) kick them to the curb.  The reason that my "old flames" are in the past is because they're all total jerks and I don't really want anything to do with them.

3. AgesMGMT profile image53
    AgesMGMTposted 6 years ago

well there is only one proper answer and that is keep it moving.  Now is this how I or most people would actually act, its hard to tell.

4. Moms-Secret profile image84
    Moms-Secretposted 6 years ago

It is flattering to evoke that emotion from anyone.  There is a polite way of saying that I am not the one for you.

5. pajamazzon profile image60
    pajamazzonposted 6 years ago

I'd be flattered if he'd be making advances like that but i would rather not accept it because of the premise that i'm already engaged. The Exs are probably bored sick with their currents and that they'd do something stupid, like call old flames for a booty call most likely. In the end its just some sort of flirty diversion and it still your decision if you bite the bait.

To be honest, its not worth your time.

6. profile image0
    Dandraposted 6 years ago

Grab a bucket of water...                                                                     .

7. HannahRiley profile image59
    HannahRileyposted 6 years ago

If they were an "old" flame...then they have that title for a reason. My mom always told me, "when someone shows you who they truly are, believe them."

By this I mean if someone shows that they will cheat, or that they aren't interested in having children, or that they get drunk and make a fool of themselves & embarrass themselves & you....BELIEVE THEM!!! take that moment that you question your relationship with them as a gift from God & part your separate ways. Don't marry them hoping they change or have a baby with them hoping to fix your relationship. People are on their best behavior when you are dating & when you get married...the oil & water will separate and you will see that those moments when you questioned their character were actually more relevant.

This being said...I would react by reminding myself & my old flame that things were not healthy between us, and just because its "taboo" or exciting because it seems new and forbidden, doesn't mean that we won't realize how crappy things will get at the same point in the new rekindled relationship.

8. DrMikeFitzpatrick profile image36
    DrMikeFitzpatrickposted 6 years ago

having gratitude is a great place to start. being unable to offer reciprical affection is on you, not the other person, so there is no worry about "hurting" someones feelings. your feelings are yours, which are not good or bad, right or wrong, they are YOURS. we all have to go with our own flow. parting with a thank you for the offer sounds like a quality problem to have in the first place.  smile

working