jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (11 posts)

Why most married men hates their Mother in Law?

1. nursingmania profile image57
    nursingmaniaposted 6 years ago

Why most married men hates their Mother in Law?

2. Lets Learn profile image55
    Lets Learnposted 6 years ago

There is a tinge of possessiveness here. Whenever we love somebody, as humans we always develop a tendency to attract the full attention of that person. When someone else also shares that person's attention, problems pop up. Some manage it, some take it down the nasty road.

3. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image96
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago

"Hate" is such a strong word. . . .and of course it is untrue, probably, to assert such a question as being "truth."

But I've never had a mother n' Law - so . . .I have to admit that I am thoroughly unqualified to answer this question.

I'm also thoroughly overqualified for most positions that are unavailable to me.

4. BrantleyFoster profile image60
    BrantleyFosterposted 6 years ago

I think the feelings often stem from the way in which the mother-in-law interacts with the son-in-law.  I think in some instances the mother may feel that this man is not good enough for her daughter and while she may not voice this opinion, it may affect the way she treats her son-in-law.

5. rob_allen profile image83
    rob_allenposted 6 years ago

hmmm, i dont think most married men "hate" their moms-in-law. Hate is such a strong word. Maybe you can mellow it down and use other word instead. smile

1. profile image56
      Kevinl1488posted 2 years agoin reply to this

You sir have never met my mother in-law. Bin laden had a softer side than her

6. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 6 years ago

Honestly I don't think men or women hate their in-laws per se.
    The battle is usually over allegiance between the grown child, their parents, and their spouse.

Some parents are better at letting their child go than others.
    Those that continue place demands on their children or offer unsolicted advice are the ones a spouse may have problems with. The real issue is how the child reacts to his or her parents interference.

7. JehanzebGulzar profile image58
    JehanzebGulzarposted 6 years ago

i think hate is some thing harsh, any how most of the married men have this problem due to frequent interuption of in-laws.

8. nursingmania profile image57
    nursingmaniaposted 6 years ago

Hate is the right word. It's on a case to case basis depending how harsh and rude your mother in law to you. I am just being true and nothing to hide. The word hate is not even enough sometimes.

9. hotwebideas profile image73
    hotwebideasposted 5 years ago

My mother-in-law is an outright pain in the neck! Like Fred Flintstone once said "I love my mother-in-law I love my mother-in-law I love my mother-in-law "

Just keep telling yourself that! LOL Just kidding.

10. Secretabundance profile image69
    Secretabundanceposted 4 years ago

Try to build positive feelings within ourself.  Hatred can be pretty consuming and acidic to the soul. 

Try moving your hatred to sympathy, then upgrade that feeling of sympathy to empathy.  No matter how hard it is, try to show her some respect and see how she recipocrates.  You must know that it is good enough for you, if she thinks it is not good enough for her, try not to think of her or decrease your interaction with her when possible, till you slowly build up a positive feelings towards her. 

See what happens from there!  Hope your relationship will improve.  All the best!

working