jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

How can I keep a wife beater away from my mother in law?

  1. mikielikie profile image68
    mikielikieposted 6 years ago

    How can I keep a wife beater away from my mother in law?

    Ok so this guy is 36 and she's 71. He is a guy that hitchhikes from Louisiana to Texas and back again. He'll call her on the road and tell her that he's on his way "home" (Her house) and she'll tell him that she doesn't want him back at all, but he still comes back and she lets him in because she is to scared to do anything. He came back this last time and said that he died and went to Hell and God told him to come back and kill her and a few other people in that town. My mom and dad live in that town. so what do I do to keep him out of town? is there something that I can do or anyone else?

  2. Beth100 profile image75
    Beth100posted 6 years ago

    I suggest you go to the local law enforcement and report what you have said here.  From there, they will be able to guide you.

  3. J.S.Matthew profile image83
    J.S.Matthewposted 6 years ago

    Call the Police! Get a Restraining Order! Have her stay away from her house with someone else until this guy is caught! He has already threatened and abused her, and she is elderly. Don't let this pass; take action immediately!!!!


  4. Patty Inglish, MS profile image94
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 6 years ago

    If police waiver on this, your county probably has a Senior Protection or Advocacy division of some sort under Social Services or Senior Services. If you can find them in the phone directory, report to them and ask that they help with an Elder Abuse charge, which should catch a judge's eye pretty quick. This should work for any victim form age 55 or 60, on up.

    Best wishes.

  5. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

    seriously, wait at her door for him and beat the snot out of him. of course try using the police first but i doubt it will help. it bothers me to no end how people will say violence doesn't solve anything . i'm not trying to sound like i'm all for violence, but too often in life people try to do things the "moral way" and innocent people end up paying the price for it. i've seen it happen and it sucks. most people will say get restraining orders and such things but people like this guy only understand one thing and that is strength and power.

  6. jacqui2011 profile image83
    jacqui2011posted 6 years ago

    I agree with J.S. Matthew, you need to involve the police and get advice on a restraining order. This problem needs to be dealt with quickly. Dont lose any time reporting this as he has already been violent and threatening. Hope you get this sorted out.

  7. wolfissac profile image59
    wolfissacposted 6 years ago

    This is a sad story. I can say that as a CJ student I learned that most of the time law enforcement is more or less helpless. They can't respond in time to stop something from happening and they can't arrest someone based on the suspicion of what they might do (most of the time). It is a good idea to get the restraining order however, because this shows a genuine fear and gets the process started. If he violates the restraining order then there can be action taken by the police. Personally I think your best option is to associate your mother in law and your whole family that lives in the town with Misters Smith & Wesson. Check your laws and learn how to employ it properly in a dire situation. I hope you found this useful.

  8. blake4d profile image59
    blake4dposted 6 years ago

    Be a man and stand up for her, get in the other's face and do it without hesitation. Usually bullies are always surprised by that course of action.

  9. MsLainieP profile image85
    MsLainiePposted 6 years ago

    I agree with Patty Inglish that you should contact the Elder Services/Senior Protection agency in the area. They are generally very good about working with law enforcement, and can help her get the protection that she needs.