jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Is it considered infidelity when you have a dream with someone other than your s

1. mmarcelino profile image56
    mmarcelinoposted 6 years ago

Is it considered infidelity when you have a dream with someone other than your spouse?

What would Freud say about this?--I was watching a documentary on "Dreams" last night and according to the famous Dr. Freud, all dreams are sexual outlets.

2. janikon profile image88
    janikonposted 6 years ago

I don't think it could be considered infidelity since it's an unconscious act and - well - a dream. You haven't actually committed the act, so it doesn't count. Its insane to believe you're never going to think of someone else, or find someone else attractive, once you're married - its making sure you do not act on these thoughts.

3. Gyldenboy profile image61
    Gyldenboyposted 6 years ago

No. People have fantasies all the time. As long as your emotionally and physically committed to one another, your fine.

Also, it's incorrect to say all dreams are sexual outlets. Dreams encompass many aspects of life. Desires, problems, fears, and etc. Theories exist that the mind is working out problems it wishes to solve when we dream. And other theories, believe that sometimes it reflects the state of our health.

Well, that's my two cents.

4. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

i would hope not. it's a freakin dream, not something you did on purpose. if my lady called me a cheater or any such thing for a dream i had, i would have to relook at our relationship.

5. selfdefenselesson profile image59
    selfdefenselessonposted 6 years ago

Lol no.

It's the actions you take in reality that determine that.