jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Love and Friendship which is more important in life?

1. anupma profile image80
    anupmaposted 6 years ago

Love and Friendship which is more important in life?

Love and friendhip are two important aspect of human life. Can they replace each other?

2. nabeelplus profile image60
    nabeelplusposted 6 years ago

Some people would say friendship because sometimes love is not worth it. Some people would say love. But really, it is an answer that you can only answer. because each person has a different opinion..........

3. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 6 years ago

Each person has his/her own priorities in life. Ideally it would be best to have a love that is also your best friend. Romantics call such a peron their "soul-mate".

However if I had to choose between spending time with "my friend" or being with "my love" I would go with my love every time.

4. msorensson profile image72
    msorenssonposted 6 years ago

I was just telling my girlfriend this the other day..when we speak with each other, it is always raw, we say things as they are without filters and are never afraid the other person would reject us for what we say, in the moment, and at that moment, we expose ourselves to the other person and we are never afraid..

I assume you meant romantic love?

I am afraid love is not readily definable. It is a word used only to convey a meaning but the meaning is different for each individual and how they relate to each other.

Without the filter of the ego and without bias to gender, there is no separation so there is no need to assign the importance of one over the other..

5. jellygator profile image93
    jellygatorposted 6 years ago

Friendship, when it's the real deal, is love.

I went through a dark period when I did not have a romantic partner, my children had all moved away, and I had no friends because I'd just moved to another state. It was the loneliest, most desolate feeling I have ever had. My gal pals had been left behind. I missed them terribly, but they had busy lives, so I didn't get to see and talk to them as much as when we lived near each other.

As always before, I found it easier to establish fleeting relationships with men than to find real friendships in my new area. Those relationships couldn't replace the depth of intimacy I had with my gal pals, but my gal pals couldn't provide the same type of intimacy I had known with serious romantic loves.

For that reason, I treasure friendships as much as I do my committed relationships. Taking your question to the extreme, I'm asking myself, "Would I be torn between leaving my estate to my husband or my best friend?" 

I'd have to say no, because of the frequency and regularity of how I interact with my spouse when compared to my friends and the social norms that don't expect such things of a friendship. Without a spouse or children, though, I wouldn't hesitate.