jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Why is it cheating when you talk to an ex on a social media site?

1. rroberts1 profile image60
    rroberts1posted 6 years ago

Why is it cheating when you talk to an ex on a social media site?

Is it cheating if you use social media to talk to a high school sweetheart when your married or in a relationship?

2. profile image0
    Indigitalposted 6 years ago

No. Of course it's not! If you're told it is, the person who is telling you is either insecure or overreacting.

3. wychic profile image89
    wychicposted 6 years ago

It all depends on what form these interactions take. If it's simply harmless talking, then it's no more cheating than if you stopped to chat for a moment in the grocery store. That said, if it's sucking up excessive time that should be devoted to your current relationship, or of course if the exchanges involve something other than platonic chit-chat, then there may be an issue. My ex and I have a kid together, and so stay in contact. Thankfully, my husband is secure enough to know that any interactions between us are in the interest of doing what is best for our son -- and my husband even seems to enjoy chatting with him himself.

4. OutsideTheLines profile image61
    OutsideTheLinesposted 6 years ago

Cheating is anything you knowingly do in a romantic manner that you know your partner would not be okay with.

5. techap profile image68
    techapposted 5 years ago

Cheating is when you still think of a person day and night and crave for that person. So when its just a talk, it can be a normal healthy talk which may be of no emotions and no care just being practical.