jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Can you fall in love more than once in your life time?

1. NiaG profile image90
    NiaGposted 6 years ago

Can you fall in love more than once in your life time?

2. CyclingFitness profile image91
    CyclingFitnessposted 6 years ago

I'd like to think (and traditionalists will likely disagree) that there is a love for everyone at different points in their life and that 'love' is not necessarily from the same person.

Some people develop different needs over time which their initial lover may not be able to fulfill.

3. Shanaaya profile image59
    Shanaayaposted 6 years ago

falling in love more than once with the same person...smile

4. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 6 years ago

Absolutely! Our wants and desires evolve over time. A person may fall in love at age 18 and possibly for example at age 30 with (two different types of people). Granted it takes more courage to fall in love a 2nd or 3rd time once someone has had their heart broken. In order to fall in love one must be open to allowing someone to get close to them.

5. KateWest profile image77
    KateWestposted 6 years ago

Yes, I sure hope so! With different people at different stages of life and sometimes even with the same person all over again, years later.

6. courtlneygdtm profile image79
    courtlneygdtmposted 6 years ago

I believe you can fall in love more than once in your life time.  But there is something special, I think, about your first love which may not be repeated with someone else.  You can love again, but at a different, maybe more mature level than your first love, especially if you were younger when you first fell in love.

--courtlneygdtm

working