jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How often does your mate do the dishes?

1. Wonder Referrals profile image37
    Wonder Referralsposted 6 years ago

How often does your mate do the dishes?

Most men  don't do dishes,
    How often does your mate male or female do the dishes?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/5722135_f260.jpg

2. MsDora profile image93
    MsDoraposted 6 years ago

My mate did the dishes whenever it was necessary.  Eating is an equal opportunity activity; so should everything else that has to do with it:  cooking, shopping, washing dishes.  Convenience, not gender, should be the deciding factor.

3. onegoodwoman profile image76
    onegoodwomanposted 6 years ago

Maybe, once in 10 years.  I have even  said to him,( regarding household chores), that " I do more SICK than you do healthy ". 

But, in 30 years, I have never had to change the oil, replace the culvert, or dig a grave for  a pet.  He does a lot of things, that he would never expect me to do.

He does the heavy, nasty, dirty chores, my chores just come around more often!

4. juiwei2000 profile image59
    juiwei2000posted 6 years ago

Look, every couple are different, every relationship are different, your husband might not do the dishes, maybe because he is a slob and can't be bother to care, maybe he think it is a woman's job or it might be other reason.  You can not use other couple's standard, as your's.  You guys need to find your own rithum and determine whether you are competible or not.  It is like I always say, if it is the right person, then things even the most diffcult task should be easy, if it is not the right person, even been with them will be a chore.

5. Ruchi Urvashi profile image75
    Ruchi Urvashiposted 6 years ago

My husband is doing it daily. We generally don't tell each other to do anything. When we tell, there is resistance as if somebody is trying to control. I just do whatever I can. If he sees dirty dishes, he washes. We give freedom to each other and things work out smoothly.

working