jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How would you feel if your husband worked alongside a woman that dressed provoca

1. MissJamieD profile image73
    MissJamieDposted 6 years ago

How would you feel if your husband worked alongside a woman that dressed provocatively and flirted?

2. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 6 years ago

Speaking from a guy's point of view there is nothing a wife can do but TRUST her husband. It will come down to him making a decision to a) flirt back b) cheat c) Tell her he's not interested or d) Go to HR and file a sexual harassment claim (not likely to happen).

The truth is the only person any of us has control over is ourselves. Most times when someone attempts step out of their lane to contol another person tensions increase, blood pressure rises, frustration, and jealousy eat at your soul. I imagine some women probably would blame their husband for not being able to "control" the woman's behavior. Other women would flirt with a male co-worker or respond to a guy who flirts with them and make sure their husband knows about it in hopes he'd put an end to his female co-worker's activities.
    Again neither he nor the wife can tell a grown woman how to dress and odds are if he complained the woman could flip things around and say he's was making inappropriate comments to her. This is one of those Serenity Prayer things.
    "God, grant me the serenity to (accept the things I cannot change),
    Courage to (change the things I can,)
    And wisdom to (know the difference)."

There is one other choice the husband has.... quit his job. However with unemployment being close to 10% that's probably not a good idea.

3. MissJamieD profile image73
    MissJamieDposted 6 years ago

Dashing, that was an awesome answer, thank you;) I agree 100%! I just know that although many women are flirts, they have issues when the shoe is on the other foot! I'm a woman and I've had many conversations with other women, most of them are jealous even if secretly. But there are women out there who have confidence in themselves and their partners, that makes things easier.

I didn't ask this because of personal reasons  I was just curious about what y'all think about it;)

4. Borsia profile image45
    Borsiaposted 6 years ago

Also from a guys point of view I can tell you that jealousy will have the opposite affect you want and he may figure that he is going to be blamed for it so why not?

5. juiwei2000 profile image60
    juiwei2000posted 6 years ago

Flirting with a married man is definitly inappropriate, unfortunetlly some woman would flirt with guys, even if they have no real feelings towards them, just like when guys want to have sex with a girl, do not necessary mean they got romantic feeling towards her.  That is why when girls flirt with me, I usually flirt back, but never think it necessary mean anything for her, they like me and at most give them a nick name like "flirty" or "girly' , once a girl flirt with me and say the reason she is flirting with me, was because she wanted me to ask her out, I just assume she is joking about the wanting me to ask her out part.

working