How to amuse yourself specially if you want to get over with someone?
Get busy in your own field: Music, writing or a hobby that might help you to clear feelings. If you miss him, just write in a piece of paper why you miss him and on another piece, why you should get over with. This process will trigger your mind to get to ponder the situation better. sometines we look for excuses to hang on to someone. And lastly, get a female or best friend to talk about. good luck.
Remove all evidence of being with them. Move your furniture round, that way the memories of where they sat etc are reduced. If you are bitter you could set up a blog with all of those just woke up pics lol, if not you could just send them back or even bin them. Either way you then need to concentrate on you, do whatever makes you happy, but try not to throw yourself into another relationship yet. Remove the rubbish from the past, before restocking your cupboards lol.
Well kinda difficult to remove memories. All the answer are right here so I will not write the same words as 'lord de cross' said is appropriate but let me include one thing, time is the best solution. Your unconscious mind will start rejecting your negations or happenings after some time. So let it be as it is just do your work and learn some new things that you have not included in your life or you could not because of your business with that person.
I agree with lord de cross...get into YOU!
1. Follow your passions or discover them if you don't know them. Doing what you love is a positive, self-affirming action.
2. Try something new that you have always wanted to do. Adventure is fun and shows you how courageous you are!
3. Reconnect with friends and family. Nurturing healthy relationships in your life will boost your self-esteem and ease any loneliness that tries to come in.
4. Go on a retreat to refuel and reflect. It is important to process what just happened. I like to think of it as reviewing lessons learned
Great points here, and lord de cross is spot on: do what you are passionate about, makes you happy, and spend time talking with people who care about you.
If that isn't working, you can always "break the emergency glass" and have a one night stand. Use protection and stay safe. It may not make the heartache go away, but it can sure release a lot of pent up steam (or maybe that was just me?).
thanks for the input guys, you all helped.. I'll jot down your ideas
* Delete them from your facebook friends and block them. You don't want to know what someone's up to when you're trying to get over them. Delete or restrict their friends on your profile too. No news about an ex is good news as it helps you to fade them from your thoughts.
* Delete all of their numbers and email addresses from your phone and computer. Just so your not temped to contact them at some weak point.
* Call up those single friends you haven't been in touch with lately and organise to catch up with them. Make plans to visit relatives to catch up too.
* If the weather's nice - get out in the sunshine, have a dip in the ocean, or go for a run - It's amazing how good it will make you feel, and how peaceful it is.
* Take up that leisure class you've always wanted to do - Salsa, Tennis, etc.
* Take a mini-holiday - Just a night away somewhere you can drive to with your close friends will do.
* Get yourself a new haircut, or new dress.
* Have a big night out dancing.
* When your at home alone do something to occupy your mind, craft, painting, reorganising your wardrobe, anything that doesn't allow you time to sit around moping.
Hope these ideas help, best wishes for a new start in 2012!
Remeber, love is not a necessity of life, it is a luxury.
Remeber, if you never met him/her before, would you have this problem now? So, just pretend the two of you never met
Remeber, if you like Disney land, would you get depress by the idea you can't stay there 24/7. Just like Disney land, keep the good memory, but remeber, life need to move on. Just like you need to move on with your life, after Disney land.
Remeber, he/she is not a necessity
Remeber, why you guys break up
It's hard to find much amusing during this time but my true friends keep me company and invite me over to keep me occupied I'm taking baby steps towards feeling happy again. But. Just one thing....have self respect and don't rush into another relationship!! Stick to going out with friends and take the time to grieve !! It will give you a better outlook and see the lessons learned. You will feel much more whole in the end AND when the new beginning, begins!!
by A Thousand Words 6 years ago
I feel like I'm losing me. And I don't know who's taking my place. Or how to get myself back. Or if I should even try to hold on to me?
by Samantha 5 years ago
Do you believe it is okay for someone to get into another relationship if their partner passes away?
by The Gift of Pen 5 years ago
What makes a soulmate?Do you believe in soulmates? If so, what makes one? And how do you believe you can go about finding one? Do you even have to try?
by wondergrl 7 years ago
What one thing makes you happy at this time in your life?
by Hmrjmr1 8 years ago
It seems to me, since I have now been a widower for four years 3 months and 3 days, that some women are intimidated by my late wife. I had one lady tell me she wouldn't go out with me because she didn't think she could compete with a dead woman. Now just so you understand I think I'm pretty careful...
by Lawretta Ikenga 8 years ago
I have been out of my last relationship for almost a year now and i am finding it really difficult starting another.every date i have had after my breakup never gets a second call. i am lonely and depress, any tips or tricks to starting a new relationship???
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|