jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What do you think of when you hear the word "man cave"?

1. At Last profile image60
    At Lastposted 6 years ago

What do you think of when you hear the word "man cave"?

2. swb78 profile image60
    swb78posted 6 years ago

Relaxation without reprisal. My women knows to stay out of the cave when I become a cave dweller.

3. MickS profile image72
    MickSposted 6 years ago

There may be something wrong with my counting ability; however, the last time I checked, 'man cave', was two words.  I've never heard the phrase and it makes me think of nothing in particular.

4. Mindtrapz profile image61
    Mindtrapzposted 6 years ago

I think of beer, an 80 inch led tv, padlocks, and dreams

5. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

A room or area decorated with things men love.  My husband has an office downstairs where he has his mounted deer heads, antelope etc.  His desk has all his "crap" on it and he is very happy with his things, books etc. around him.

6. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 6 years ago

My home. I love having an area that is for myself. My "man cave", "hobbit hole", "dark cavern", "lair", "secret coven", etc. It's a place that someone can go to for anything. Where they feel safe, where they enjoy themselves. Anyone should have one and everyone should have one. It's nice to get away every once in a while.
    Though for my man, David, it is really easy because the living room is his man cave. His xbox is there, along with his laptop, the couch he picked out, the kitchen nearby in case he is hungry, the door to the outside grill which is three feet away from the door. That is his area.
    My area is the bedroom and my office. We share the bathroom. I typically give him the space he needs so he doesn't require a man cave.

7. profile image0
    CJ Sledgehammerposted 6 years ago

I think it is a feminist/sexist remark that implies that men are neanderthals.