jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How guys should respond to a compliment by a girl? Tired of "Thankyou".

1. rishworld profile image77
    rishworldposted 6 years ago

How guys should respond to a compliment by a girl? Tired of "Thankyou".

This is in context of compliments on my facebook picture. I can't say thankyou all the time. Please help!

2. msorensson profile image70
    msorenssonposted 6 years ago

Thank you is polite. If you are interested, invite her for coffee or tea. If not, you received the compliment, fulfilled your social obligation and when meant sincerely that is probably all that the girl was expecting.

3. razorblades profile image60
    razorbladesposted 6 years ago

Well thank you when someone compliments your FB photos is more than acceptable, but if your looking for alternatives

1.  Give a one sentence background story to the pic
    2.  Say, something like "aw, you're very sweet"
    3.  Or if it was a day out with family/friends.  "It was a great day, got some great pics"
    4.  If its got a connection between you, the complimenter and what's in the pic, say what happened and maybe tag the connection in your comment

Just be a bit more imaginative, and sometimes you don't have to say anything at all, just "like" the compliment!

4. profile image0
    Phoebe Pikeposted 6 years ago

If you're tired of saying "Thank you", you could mix it up a bit and switch the attention over to her by complimenting her picture or telling her that you truly appreciate her comment. Some other easy responses are;

1. Thanks
    2. I really like this picture as well
    3. *insert a smilie face of some kind*
    4. Since it's on facebook, you can easily "like" the comment and not have to say anything at all.
    5. You're picture isn't half bad either! (But only say things like that if you actually mean it)