How guys should respond to a compliment by a girl? Tired of "Thankyou".
This is in context of compliments on my facebook picture. I can't say thankyou all the time. Please help!
Thank you is polite. If you are interested, invite her for coffee or tea. If not, you received the compliment, fulfilled your social obligation and when meant sincerely that is probably all that the girl was expecting.
Well thank you when someone compliments your FB photos is more than acceptable, but if your looking for alternatives
1. Give a one sentence background story to the pic
2. Say, something like "aw, you're very sweet"
3. Or if it was a day out with family/friends. "It was a great day, got some great pics"
4. If its got a connection between you, the complimenter and what's in the pic, say what happened and maybe tag the connection in your comment
Just be a bit more imaginative, and sometimes you don't have to say anything at all, just "like" the compliment!
If you're tired of saying "Thank you", you could mix it up a bit and switch the attention over to her by complimenting her picture or telling her that you truly appreciate her comment. Some other easy responses are;
2. I really like this picture as well
3. *insert a smilie face of some kind*
4. Since it's on facebook, you can easily "like" the comment and not have to say anything at all.
5. You're picture isn't half bad either! (But only say things like that if you actually mean it)
by Benji Mester4 months ago
Guess it probably depends on the girl, but there's no harm in asking
by Grace-Wolf-304 years ago
Do you like to receive spontaneous, genuine compliments?
by Michelle Liew5 years ago
Would you give a compliment publicly or privately?
by Janis Leslie Evans3 years ago
What makes it so hard for some people to give a compliment?Why is it difficult for some to share in another's joy by verbally acknowledging their success or accomplishment with a simple compliment? Please explain.
by Elena8 years ago
(Had to put it in blue, Forums doesn't show inverted commas.)Why is it that when men pay women compliments, the women think they are after something E.g A couple are about to go out to dinner. Hubby says,...
by Nancy B.6 years ago
How do you respond when someone states 'I wish I could do that.'?I was showing a sweater I had made to my knitting group and while speaking on the type of yarn and construction methods used I was interrupted by another...
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.