jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How important is eye contact

1. soconfident profile image83
    soconfidentposted 6 years ago

How important is eye contact

2. tonymead60 profile image93
    tonymead60posted 6 years ago

in most instances of dealing with someone else I think it is very important, the eyes can sometimes say more than the mouth.

3. Cre8tor profile image96
    Cre8torposted 6 years ago

Very, but perhaps not like some think. Sure, I want you to look me in the eye when we talk but it's important to not get carried away. In business, I found some people that would look you in the eye so much that it was obvious that they were concentrating on it and I would think..."Rookie". There were others who didn't at all and I thought, "lack of confidence". You don't want to stare down your first date...she may be intimidated or just think you're a weirdo.
    Point is, eye contact is important but needs to be balanced and based on the scenario you're in and who you're dealing with. I see it as an art but usually if you just act natural, the appropriate eye contact will follow.

4. lburmaster profile image84
    lburmasterposted 6 years ago

I hope it's not important. I only look into someone's eyes when lieing to them. Looking at someone's eyes while talking to them scares me. Part of me believes they will look into my soul. But staring at their eyebrow or forehead, or the little bits in the corners of their eyes.... It's the sneaky way out.

5. PurvisBobbi44 profile image82
    PurvisBobbi44posted 6 years ago

Eye contact is very important as it articulates to the person whom you are speaking that they are significant enough for your attention. It also, relates that you are honest in what you are saying to them. And that you are a polite person.

working