jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (14 posts)

Are you making eye contact with strangers you pass by on the street?

1. Miss Crayola profile image77
    Miss Crayolaposted 4 years ago

Are you making eye contact with strangers you pass by on the street?

Do you smile? Do you say hello? Are there some circontances you do and other you don't?

2. Relationshipc profile image87
    Relationshipcposted 4 years ago

I live in a smaller town, so I do make eye contact and smile most of the time - unless I'm in a funky mood. In the nearest larger city, however, I only make eye contact and smile with older people and younger people. The people in between seem to ignore me.

3. sallybea profile image97
    sallybeaposted 4 years ago

I try to do this as often as I can.  Even sitting on a bus and looking down at a stranger outside - I love the connection you can make, just with a smile.  I like to watch their faces light up - nice question Miss Crayola.

4. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 4 years ago

Most of the time I make eye contact and say hello. You just never know when that little bit of friendliness was enough to cheer someone up. Of course, there seem to be a lot of people who wonder why you're being nice to them.

5. slappywalker profile image100
    slappywalkerposted 4 years ago

9 times out of 10 I try my best to make eye contact. If someone else locks gaze, then I either smile, nod my head or say hello in response.

There are always exceptions though. In some places, people might feel disrespected if they feel like you're staring at them. I guess you just have to be aware of the situation.

6. profile image0
    Angela Jeterposted 4 years ago

I try not to because their are so many crazies, but if I do, I always stay amicable and polite.

7. skperdon profile image84
    skperdonposted 4 years ago

I always do but I don't get the same in return

8. pstraubie48 profile image86
    pstraubie48posted 4 years ago

Yes all of those and no there are none I do not speak to and smile at. Many do not respond and that's ok.

9. Shayme profile image60
    Shaymeposted 4 years ago

Yes! Well, most of the time. Some people just don't give way to allow you to make any sort of eye contact. But I do love when they do, it's a simple gesture but a kind one. smile Very good question!

1. Raitu Disong profile image59
      Raitu Disongposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I agree:)

10. Say Yes To Life profile image80
    Say Yes To Lifeposted 4 years ago

Yes, because I live in an area where you can do that without putting yourself in danger.  I have not always had that priviledge.

11. IslandBites profile image88
    IslandBitesposted 4 years ago

I do, even unconsciously. Here in Puerto Rico is a cultural thing, people is friendly even with strangers.

12. profile image50
    deepti07posted 4 years ago

ya..its so funny!!i stare at d person until he/she is forced 2 luk d othr way..xcpt for sum tuf 1s..who let deir eyes linger on parts f my body othr dan my eyes!!

13. DDE profile image23
    DDEposted 4 years ago

I smile my best is to smile and nod my head looking at strangers and smiling at them makes me feel great. There is no need for conversation with a stranger a smile says it all.