jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What can be the best ways to deal with critical people?

1. learner365 profile image77
    learner365posted 6 years ago

What can be the best ways to deal with critical people?

2. thejeffriestube profile image76
    thejeffriestubeposted 6 years ago

Listen to the lesson, and ignore anything inappropriate. Some people make good points, just don't express them well. Other people are just rude and hurtful, and only intend to get under your skin.

3. ChristinS profile image95
    ChristinSposted 6 years ago

Tell them "thanks for your input, however this is what I have decided is best for me" then move on.  That doesn't mean you shouldn't consider their ideas - just ignore the words as some people have never bothered or can't for whatever reason practice diplomacy. 

If you are a writer - you're going to deal with criticism a lot.  Learn from it, don't take it as a personal assault, and then move on.  Be polite in return and be the bigger person.  If a person is just being negative and you react negatively in return you just feed the troll wink

4. vicki5897 profile image84
    vicki5897posted 6 years ago

Everyone has a right to their own opinion, however some people are more sensitive than others when it comes to that sort of thing. Personally, I listen to what the other person has to say and if they showed me good enough points and I understand their view, I will take what they've said into consideration. If I don't like what they are telling me from the beginning, I will let them talk without making a comment because that was just their opinion and NOT mine. Hope this helps at least a little bit.

5. MichaelStonehill profile image60
    MichaelStonehillposted 6 years ago

To listen and respect their opinions, to appreciate arguments which are valid in their criticism, to try to avoid talking about points leading to harsh discussions. In other words, to make an effort to be tactful and considerate, as well as sincere, in listening and speaking.

6. moonfairy profile image81
    moonfairyposted 6 years ago

I decided to answer this question but then I looked at the answers you've already received and I agree with all of them! I usually quietly listen and if what they're saying is helpful, I absorb it. If they're being critical just to be critical, I take what they're saying with a grain of salt. Some people just aren't nice and some sincerely mean well.