jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

When is love not enough to keep a relationship in tact?

1. YvetteParker profile image75
    YvetteParkerposted 6 years ago

When is love not enough to keep a relationship in tact?

2. ROMANCER OF LIFE profile image70
    ROMANCER OF LIFEposted 6 years ago

When you both agree that it's not worth fixing...

3. rambansal profile image59
    rambansalposted 6 years ago

If your meaning of 'love' is unilateral love by one partner, it is not the 'love' but an atrocity with the self. A 'love' is always bilateral. And with a bilateral love, the relationship remains intact, generally.

Why I added 'generally', to deal with extra-ordinarily adverse situations, mainly economic compulsions. I felt to be in love with someone now in USA, and I suppose she also loved me. But for our great distant locations, we are unable to see each other as we both wish. This disappointment leads to tensions and doubts about each other, and the love has fallen apart.

Love between two compatible male and female persons with sexual desires remains intact only when they are able to be with each other.

4. feenix profile image60
    feenixposted 6 years ago

There are many answers to the question. But one of the primary ones is, when there  ain't enough money coming in.

5. salvationarmy profile image58
    salvationarmyposted 6 years ago

Morning YvetteParker, wonderful question indeed!!!, I'm excited to have the honors in answering this one:

What is our spirituality when all is said and done?  I see us silently, in a manner of speaking, doing little ordinary things men and women do everywhere, always with an immense, burning Love, knowing that Love makes every gesture,step,word and work, redemptive.  I see us Loving each other, serving each other and all the world, because to our eyes of faith and truth, each is Christ to the other!!! That is all.  The rest he will do though us.  We are just Lovers witnessing to Love, servants reflecting the light of the Master and torchbearers of Love and light in our modern darkness, by being Lovers and doing ordinary daily tasks for Love's sake and with great Love.
                              When we don't have these things in our heart; THAT'S WHEN LOVE ISN'T ENOUGH TO KEEP A RELATIONSHIP IN TACT.

Blessing

6. MsDora profile image95
    MsDoraposted 6 years ago

Love as a feeling is never enough.  It must always be solidified with responsible attitudes like respect, cooperation, responsibility and trust.  For example, love is not enough when someone is too lazy to work, or too self-centered to help.

7. ajayshah2005 profile image56
    ajayshah2005posted 6 years ago

Either self ego or mutual understanding.......

8. YvetteParker profile image75
    YvetteParkerposted 5 years ago

Thanks for all of your perspectives on this question. You all made some very interesting points. When I asked the question I was thinking of a scenario in which the love that is being exchanged is not the love that is needed. In other words, the parties are loving each other the way they want to be love, not how each partner needs or wants to be loved. What are you all thoughts?

working