jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is there any way women can influence sexual agression towards them?

1. avorodisa profile image84
    avorodisaposted 6 years ago

Is there any way women can influence sexual agression towards them?

According to statistics, 150 000 000 of women and girls have been sexually abused. Depending on the country and region, from 15 to 75 per cent of women are in a situation of sexual harassment. How can women stop being eternal victims of sexual agression? Can we put it to an end? How can we overcome our fears?

2. lburmaster profile image84
    lburmasterposted 6 years ago

By valuing women more. Also by teaching women more self-defense methods.

3. junkseller profile image84
    junksellerposted 6 years ago

There are three problems the way I see it. First we don't do a good job raising boys. Once upon a time, when men primarily went out into the world to hunt or fight, it might have made sense to teach boys to be strong, not to cry, and not to feel. That doesn't make sense anymore and we need to give them the tools to understand themselves and their feelings and to better communicate. Without those tools they are too often only left with violence as an option.

Second, we give children (boys and girls) ridiculous role models. A music star for instance wearing a million dollars in gold surrounded by half-naked dancing ladies, or James Bond (who always gets the hottest chick in the room).

Third. Too often we disrespect the nature of man rather than disrespecting men who have done bad things. There isn't anything wrong with being strong or bold or direct. These can all be useful traits if used to build and protect rather than hurt and destroy.

I'm sorry, I don't really have any direct answers to your questions, but I can say that I have never harassed or hurt a woman and I never will, and there are lots of other men who are the same (but, not enough).

4. tvpuram profile image59
    tvpuramposted 6 years ago

Technique is always with the women. Even her gestures can influence the boneless offensive weapon to cool down.  In extreme cases weapons as simple as a safety pin would do the trick. First of all she should understand she is the best protector herself.  Teach them lessons of self defense from the beginning.