jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How should you act on a first date? What to do and what not to do?

1. Turtlewoman profile image95
    Turtlewomanposted 6 years ago

How should you act on a first date? What to do and what not to do?

2. Entourage_007 profile image84
    Entourage_007posted 6 years ago

I think from a guys stand point its important not to move too fast or make the girl feel uncomfortable.  But, I have had first dates that seemed to go a little fast but its because we really connected and we were both going at our own pace.  Just have a good time, enjoy the time together and get to know each other better.  Be yourself.

3. ajayshah2005 profile image56
    ajayshah2005posted 6 years ago

Watch and wait. Make your own boundary, what to do and what not to do? You should know him/her better so act accordingly.

4. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 6 years ago

In all honesty it would be refreshing if people would simply be themselves!
    In the end (we are who we are). Too many people knowingly put their "best foot" forward knowing full well that a year from now they aren't going to be nearly as nice as they are on the first date. People are fed up with "bait & switch" behavior designed to get someone to like a person or become "emotionally invested" only to have them later on say they are being "unrealistic" if they expect them to remain the way (they presented themselves) in the first place. It's not uncommon to hear someone say, "He or She is not the same person I fell in love with."
    Be yourself and let the chips fall where they may. Ultimately we're all looking for someone who will love and appreciate us for who we are!
    http://dashingscorpio.hubpages.com/hub/ … ebeginning

5. moonfairy profile image78
    moonfairyposted 6 years ago

I completely agree with dashingscorpio...be yourself!! So many people put their best foot forward when in reality it's not who they really are and the end result is the end of the relationship. Be who you are.....because that IS who you are. You wouldn't want your date to be anyone else than who they really are, would you?

working