jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

When it's time to break up with a friend?

1. Marpi profile image68
    Marpiposted 5 years ago

When it's time to break up with a friend?

When do you think it's time to break a friendship? What are the reasons to give up a friend?

2. hecate-horus profile image82
    hecate-horusposted 5 years ago

When they are toxic (controlling, mean, etc.) and dragging you under the bus with them.
    http://hecate-horus.hubpages.com/hub/Fi … xic-Friend

3. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 5 years ago

I don't think most friendships end with a "formal breakup". People just drift or fade away from one another. Someone gets busy doing other activities, relocates, or has some other life change. Over time they contact one another less and less until they rarely if ever see each other again. Both people begin to spend time with other friends of similar interest at the time and life goes on. I believe men accept friendships fading away a lot easier than women. We aren't usually as "emotionally invested" in our friendships.

4. albertsj profile image72
    albertsjposted 5 years ago

When the friendship becomes toxic. When the friend does nothing but take from you, but never gives. When you feel as if they're overly dependant on you, when the friendship, does more harm for you than good, if any. When you feel as if you're avoiding them

5. Marpi profile image68
    Marpiposted 5 years ago

I agree totally with you. Some friendships really become toxic over time (or they were toxic all the time but you didn't see it). The avoidance part is also a sign... When you start feeling bad being around a friend maybe it's time to put some distance between the two of you.

working