jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do you trust your gut feelings?

1. Marpi profile image69
    Marpiposted 6 years ago

Do you trust your gut feelings?

Do you trust your intuitive feelings about someone or something? Can your gut feelings trick you?

2. sportgames profile image61
    sportgamesposted 6 years ago

It depends on the topic. If is something really important I think you should take your time and think about it.

3. LisaMarie724 profile image80
    LisaMarie724posted 6 years ago

I ALWAYS trust my feelings esp. when it comes to people. Upon meeting people I always get some kind of feeling towards them and I listen to that feeling. It is not so much about what they say but what they put out, I don't know how to explain it. There are people I have felt completely at ease with at first meeting, there have been people I immeadiately didn't trust when first meeting. My feelings have always turned out to be right about people and I think that we should listen to them because we were given them for a reason. There have been people that I have met that I knew without a doubt within the first 2 mins that I would never trust that person around my child...and I turned out to be completely right, I won't go into detail but it def. pays to listen to your feelings. The person in front of you could be the nicest most educated person in the world but if you get a feeling that something is just not right about them you need to go with that. In the end even if you turned out to be wrong about that person it is still better than if you turned out to be right and just didn't listen to yourself.

4. Marpi profile image69
    Marpiposted 6 years ago

Yes, I'm always unsure whether is something that bothers me (with a reason) about somebody or something or is just your mind playing tricks on you (being afraid of something new in your life). Relying solely on your intuition can be dangerous, but sometimes you just cannot switch it off.
    My gut feeling about people are almost always right as well. And I absolutely agree about being super attentive to this feeling when your children are involved!