In general society, how relevant and important is the statement - "A man is not

1. Pearldiver profile image81
    Pearldiverposted 5 years ago

In general society, how relevant and important is the statement - "A man is not a financial plan!"

What are the key factors that determine the positives and negatives of that statement?

2. Jessi10 profile image77
    Jessi10posted 5 years ago

In GENERAL SOCIETY, its said that a MAN should be able to support his family. When a woman is the one working, and supporting the family, and the man, this is frown upon. I believe that its not as important as it should be, since for many years, this statement has been turned around. There are many women, that to this day, are looking to be in a relationship, and be married, solely to have a man to take care of them.

As much as I believe in Love, and marriage, I do not think that a man is a "financial plan" as you stated. A man can work, yes, BUT women are also capable of working, and many make much more than men do these days.

3. Moonchild60 profile image78
    Moonchild60posted 5 years ago

For over a centuries women were expected by society to marry and raise children. Period. Cook, bake, clean, etc. That was it. I remember an old movie about a woman in the 1800's wanting to be a secretary. This was ridiculed as only men were secretaries. Women did nothing more than teach or nurse. And only women of limited means. Needless to say times have changed so drastically that now a woman is ridiculed for wanting to "just" stay home and care for her husband and children. Society can be ruthless. However, the question at hand is should a man be a financial plan. Simple enough. No. That sounds as though a woman is planning to "use" a man as her own personal bank. How could that ever be ok? No, absolutely not. Not these days. If you fall in love, marry and want to be a stay at home mom and your husband can afford to carry the finances. Great. That's fine. That's been happening forever and is still acceptable. But a man as a plan so you can live nicely, be lazy and buy those Jimmy Choo's? No. That's just disgusting. Make your own way if material objects are your sad and shallow goal in life.

working