Does society make women seem needy when it comes to men?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)
  1. sholland10 profile image84
    sholland10posted 13 years ago

Does society make women seem needy when it comes to men?

I society does make women seem needy when it comes to finding a man, pleasing a man, making a man happy, etc.  It seems to neglect what men should know or figure out about women, which is why I wrote this hub: http://hubpages.com/hub/What-Men-Need-t … bout-Women
    I find the category for Gender and Relationships: Advice and tips for women.   Advice for men only came up when I searched it.   Ironically funny!

What is your opinion?

2. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 13 years ago

honestly, women have done it to themselves. blaming men or saying men need to learn things is wrong. men and women have been around for a long time and we still don't understand each other and we never truly will. do you think if women didn't get implants, wear make-up and dress sexy that men would quit paying attention to them? i think not.

3. CARIBQUEEN profile image64
    CARIBQUEENposted 13 years ago

Women have to learn to stand up for themselves and stop depending on men to assist them with everything. Helplessness is not a virtue.

4. dashingscorpio profile image72
    dashingscorpioposted 13 years ago

The definition of a "double standard" is BOTH sexes agree on something. When we say "society" portrays women a certain way it means both sexes are in agreement.

The only way things change is when one group (the offended party) stand up and demand a change in how they are represented in the media and other places.

"Tradition" and "gender grooming" also play a large role.
    Little girls are dreaming of being "princesses" when they grow up. The closest thing to that in America is being (the bride) on her wedding day. They also pretend to be mothers with baby dolls or cooking with their EZ Bake Ovens....etc

Little boys on the other hand dream of careers as cops, firemen, construction workers, doctors,military officers, or magicians.
    When they aren't pretending to be "working" then they are "driving" using remote cars, trucks, and planes...etc
    (No little boy is dreaming of being "the groom" or raising kids!)

Subconciously when they grow up the majority of people continue want to fulfill their childhood fantasy on some level.

A woman who wants a man is determined to find out what they like and how to please them...etc (Fight aging, stay thin & fit, bigger breast, round behind, fuller lips, longer eyelashes...etc)

A man who wants to attract women attempts to make more money, drive a nice car, get 6 pack abs, use Rogaine to fight hair loss.

However men believe having money is the most important thing to attract beautiful women. (ie Hugh Hefner age 84 is engaged to a 24 year old woman). It wouldn't happen if he weren't rich or famous. And there is no way you'd see a 24 year old hot looking guy chasing after a 84 year old woman no matter how much money she has!
    Beauty is more important to men and financial security is more important to women when seeking a mate. (Traditionally speaking)

Things are the way they are because that is how the majority of us want it. I don't see mothers in the near future buying (their sons) baby dolls and baking ovens to play with nor do I see fathers giving their daughters guns, or  remote heliocopters to fly.

The majority of "relationship books" are purchased by women.
    Their formative years were based around taking care of the house, kids, and living happily ever after with Prince Charming.
    Since boys aren't raised to have those same interest the majority of men don't start to think about ways to "please women or make them happy" until they see (their woman) is unhappy in the relationship.

5. NorthEast Timber profile image60
    NorthEast Timberposted 13 years ago

Women make themselves look needy.  And no offense but your reading something into a web search that didn't bring up what you thought was fair doesn't help us look any stronger.  Everyone needs to quit looking for things to feel slighted or prejudiced over. If we want people to quit paying attention, to stuff like that, then you have to quit calling attention, to stuff like that.

6. ArtAsLife profile image61
    ArtAsLifeposted 13 years ago

I believe we make this more of a problem then it actually is. We are told by all types of media that this is the case most of the time. Though it isnt In my opinion

7. profile image0
    msorenssonposted 12 years ago

I am speaking from the point of view of someone who has been single for a very long time. Needy..I do not know..what that word means, really...

If I tell someone I need him, it would be a compliment...it means I would very much like to be with him in every sense of the word...a choice rather than a necessity..

8. DDE profile image44
    DDEposted 11 years ago

Men and women think differently that I know, and when it comes to relationships the choice you make you either accept the other or don't. It is up to the individual to work that out. No one can change who they truly are.

9. Express10 profile image78
    Express10posted 11 years ago

I don't think society makes women seem needy. Some women are simply not as strong, smart, and independent as they might want others to think & they show their desperation in horrific fashion. Some resort to trickery, a variety of shades of stalking, and casual sex to "land" a man. A fair number of women make themselves seem needy when it comes to men. I know of women of all ages that enjoy "taking" men (their words, not mine) that are already involved in committed relationships with other women.

They see it as a pastime or a way to show how attractive they are. Others, will manipulate their own kin as well as their own standards in order to get closer to a man. Yet when they show their true selves, they never can maintain or improve the relationship because there wasn't anything significant to start with. Some don't learn and begin another frantic search for something they should be looking inward to find.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)