jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

As a man would you be intimidated by a woman that is smarter and makes more mone

1. flacoinohio profile image80
    flacoinohioposted 5 years ago

As a man would you be intimidated by a woman that is smarter and makes more money than you do?

2. Mr Nice profile image79
    Mr Niceposted 5 years ago

Well, the situation you mentioned, I do not know if the woman is smarter than a man but I do believe she might have higher education, experience or skills.

They say.....A successful man is who makes more money than his wife can spend and a successful woman is who can find that man.

I do not think a man should feel intimidated because majority of the time men make more money than women.

3. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 5 years ago

By and large most men could care less about how much money a woman earns. If he's attracted to her, considers her to be "hot", with a nice personality, and a good sense of humor... He wouldn't care if she were a doctor, lawyer, or restaurant hostess. One of the major gender differences between the two sexes is what they look for in one another.
    If a guy enjoys a woman's company it doesn't matter how smart or rich she is. Generally speaking if a man avoids a woman or tells her he is "intimidated" by her he is lying or trying to make her feel better about the breakup. I know high school drop outs who would NOT hesistate to approach Halle Berry, Angilina Jolie, or Jennifer Lopez. All three of these women are very rich. If men were afraid to date or marry women who were more successful than themselves...  Julia Roberts, Madonna, or Oprah would never have a date. Awhile back I wrote a hub on this subject.http://dashingscorpio.hubpages.com/hub/lonelysuccessfulwomen

4. MickS profile image72
    MickSposted 5 years ago

No.  Why should anyone?

5. profile image0
    CJ Sledgehammerposted 5 years ago

Intimidation is not something that would occur to me. If she is haughty and stuck on herself, then I'm sure, given the proper circumstances, sparks may fly.

You did not say whether or not I was married or engaged to this woman. So, for the sake of argument, let us say that I am married to her. If she is a kindhearted, faithful, joyful, and inwardly beautiful woman, whom I find to be attractive, then I would feel extremely blessed and secure in our relationship as long as she feels happy and satisfied with a man who is not as intelligent as she is and who makes less money than she does.

Now, even if she is smarter and makes more than me, she will always be in the shadow of my world-class personality. :0)

6. ackman1465 profile image60
    ackman1465posted 5 years ago

There's no question in my mind that this "question" is strictly "hypothetical"!!!!!

7. flacoinohio profile image80
    flacoinohioposted 5 years ago

This question is not hypothetical, I asked this question after my wife and I attended a neighborhood function where the second question my wife and I were asked was, "what do you do for work".  When my wife responded that she was a physician, the demeanor of the men and some of the women changed and they tired to equate their profession to hers.  Her answer also a quick way to end or shorten a conversation.

working