jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is romantic Love real?

1. ananceleste profile image72
    anancelesteposted 6 years ago

Is romantic Love real?

Can love be real and forever? Or is a short term addiction to a partner?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6282614_f260.jpg

2. padmendra profile image44
    padmendraposted 6 years ago

Love is like a wind which nobody  has seen or touched. It does not depend on any desire for fulfillment of one's wishes. It can come in any forum but its existence is felt when you are missing someone from bottom of the heart or when you are crazy to see him/her or when you are dreaming of him/her most of the time.

3. teaches12345 profile image94
    teaches12345posted 6 years ago

Speaking from someone who going on 40 years of marriage, it is being with someone who knows all about you and still loves you.  It is taking time to nurture the relationship, like spontaneous picnics, watching an old movie together, walking together to nowhere and not having to talk, these are all great romantic moments. It has its ups and downs but you learn to ride them out.

4. freemarketingnow profile image55
    freemarketingnowposted 6 years ago

Yes! Haven't you read Pride and Prejudice? On a serious note, I recently got married and I believe that it is alive and well. However, I believe that it needs to be cultivated. When the emotions of love die, the actions need to continue until the emotions are rekindled. It's a lot of humility and sacrifice.

working