jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

What is the difference between romantic love and platonic love?

1. Rae-LeighDawn profile image61
    Rae-LeighDawnposted 3 years ago

What is the difference between romantic love and platonic love?

2. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago

The primary difference between romantic love versus parental love, sibling love, and friendship love is we have sexual/romantic (thoughts and desire) for those we feel romantically involved with.
    A true "platonic relationship" is the equivalent of being (siblings) with different parents! No normal person has romantic or sexual thoughts concerning their siblings.

1. Rae-LeighDawn profile image61
      Rae-LeighDawnposted 3 years agoin reply to this

can't platonic love develop into romantic love?

2. dashingscorpio profile image87
      dashingscorpioposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I suppose anything is "possible". However if I (truly) see you as being my kid sister odds are you're going to be stuck in my "Friend Zone". I know of instances where a disaster occurs and one goes from crying on a shoulder to being lovers but...

3. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 3 years ago

Love is a deep emotion expressed through affection and creates an attachment or bond between people. Different types of love exist for different relationships. For example, a mother and daughter have familial love, partners have romantic love. The love between friends is platonic love. And of course platonic love can turn to romantic love. I think the best relationships start out platonic and turn into romantic love.

1. dashingscorpio profile image87

It's also possible from the mindset of the other person it was (always romantic love) in their eyes! They simply accepted the "Friend Zone" status in order to be around you. All the while they hoped for an opportunity. They had ulterior motives!

2. Rae-LeighDawn profile image61

haha That is true. I have been on both ends of that stick. Do you mind if I ask how old you are dashing?

3. dashingscorpio profile image87

Lets just say me and Michael Jackson were in Gary, Indiana at the same time and I'm several months older than he was. I'm probably old enough to be your dad even though I chose not to have children. You can be my kid sister. I never had one! smile

4. Rae-LeighDawn profile image61

hm. I see. Interesting...okay big_smile thanks ^_^

working