jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How do you keep a "best friend" relationship meaningful and alive?

1. Jynzly profile image72
    Jynzlyposted 6 years ago

How do you keep a "best friend" relationship meaningful and alive?

My best friend and I have been in this mutual trust and respect for nearly two decades now. This is not our choice especially in her side; in fact she always wished that she never met me or that we will not be best friends anymore. But then she admits that I had done a lot of things in her person that make her life colorful and meaningful and that she cannot find a friend who is like me; and added that she is becoming more like me in many ways. I don't really know what she exactly means, but for me, she is an angel, a god-send not only to me but to my family as well.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6336929_f260.jpg

2. penlady profile image60
    penladyposted 6 years ago

My best friend is my sister.  We keep our friendship alive with laughter and honesty. We share what's on our hearts with each other and know that we can trust the other with whatever we say.

3. Peace2009 profile image60
    Peace2009posted 6 years ago

By fully trusting the friend & being there when the friend really needs you. I have been in that area & found out that true friends will always stick around like glue.

4. TENKAY profile image79
    TENKAYposted 6 years ago

Honesty and respect are the main glue that bind friendship for a loooong, long time.

A best friend is a person:  I shared laughter and tears with, an accomplice in work's escapades, a spectator of the unfolding of one's dreams, a listener of one's life philosophies, a not blood-related sister, who is a responsibility, who is both a genius and an idiot,  who will allow you to be you after saying you are an idiot, and etc.

5. Brandon Martin profile image78
    Brandon Martinposted 5 years ago

My best friend lives far away from me, and the way I stay best friends is by checking in to see he/she is doing alright and just see how things are going.

working