jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What does perfect love mean to you? How would you know that your love is perfect

1. msorensson profile image71
    msorenssonposted 6 years ago

What does perfect love mean to you? How would you know that your love is perfected?

There is a saying in the book "The Way of Chuang Tzu" by Thomas Merton that goes like this " Perfect love needs no demonstration, perfect sincerity offers no guarantees."

2. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 6 years ago

The perfect love is "mutual love" in depth for one another. It's when both people are (naturally in agreement) about what they want for the relationship. Happiness is not measured in terms of (you and me) but rather in terms of (us and we).
    When your mate's happiness is just as important as your own and vice versa then that is about as close to "perfect" one can get!

3. Christofers Flow profile image94
    Christofers Flowposted 6 years ago

Can Sincerity Be Any Deeper?
    Yes, Thomas Merton was a great religious writer. And Asian philosophers populate libraries all over the world. When the offer of love is placed in its purity at the feet of its object from the heart of the giver, this... read more

4. NiaLee profile image60
    NiaLeeposted 6 years ago

There is no perfection, especially in love. Love evolves and moves like us, it grows. it matures, it dies or not. To me, love is good when we understand and support each other, when stimulate and seduce each other, when we can also be laid back and be ourselves while challenging each other to become better. It is actually a paradox how much I love being motivated to become better while being accepted and appreciated for who I am... though loving myself matters first.
    No perfection in love, no perfection in life, but yes, good and great are there.

working